Do you live and breathe reading and writing? Are you a digital content junkie – always staying current on the latest trends in blogs, social media and digital technology? Are you seeking to launch or expand your career as a Copywriter in the fast-paced world of digital content marketing? Great. Our client has been looking for you.
As a Copywriter you will have meaningful content responsibilities and will play a vital role in our content production process. You’ll be responsible for delivering perfect, accurate and well-researched copy that will engage our audience, rank well in Google and be both informative and entertaining. Further, you’ll have the opportunity to not only write amazing pieces of content day in and out, but also participate in creative and analytical content strategy sessions, social media planning and execution. You’ll be encouraged and expected to think outside-the-box and gain confidence in your decision-making and copy capabilities.
Your responsibilities include:
- Write quality articles, reviews, and round-ups – each one accurate, optimized, on-brand, on time, and relevant to a wide variety of audiences.
- Receive real, constructive feedback to learn our standards and revise your work accordingly.
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with our editorial team and digital marketing partners. Make recommendations on how to implement it.
- Source images, charts, graphs, and infographics to supplement content pieces.
- Load content onto our website and QA all assets.
- Refine and update existing content pieces to reflect accurate product information, including pricing, promotions, retail partnerships, etc.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach to your work – display a highly-organized and focused process and a thorough ability to execute.
- In addition to content development, you may also be asked to assist with outreach to media, brands, and influencers, as well as assist with product testing and video coordination (including script writing, staging, and planning).
What Your Background Shows
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred. Involvement in related school activities (school newspaper, editorial staff, news staff) or previous work experience is a plus.
- 3-6+ Years of proven dexterity with written language: You can translate ideas and complex research into attractive, precise copy that engages and informs your audience. You are comfortable pivoting between topics and writing for different platforms (website, social media, infographics), while still maintaining a consistent voice. You’ll demonstrate this with a portfolio of varied writing samples directed at different audiences (maybe a technical academic paper on one hand, and an album review or blog post on another).
- Independence and maturity: You are comfortable putting your head down and producing excellent work without constant supervision. You demonstrate maturity and have made it clear that we can count on you to show up every day on time, smiling and ready to go. You prove this to us through a successful track-record of positive professional experiences with your previous jobs, internships, leadership in your school, or dedication to a blog.
- Experience and/or passion for SEO and content marketing: Experience in SEO-first, conversion-oriented writing is a plus. If you don’t have this experience, you are eager and passionate about learning and applying these strategies to your content in a consistent and natural way.
- Problem solving and agility: You thrive in an environment where there is no playbook for success. You can adapt to different tasks and shift priorities as needed. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are energized by doing work that hasn’t been done before.
- An inherent drive to be excellent: You are not satisfied with average. You are enthusiastic and committed to do whatever it takes to get the job done at a world-class level and don’t check out because it’s 5PM or a weekend.
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience. As an employee, you have access to competitive benefits, including health, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, mobile reimbursement, and an office stocked with snacks, coffee and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process