PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider's proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy-as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
We are revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. Combining decades of data on consumer shopping behaviors with its proprietary data collection platform, PriceSpider arms brands with intelligence from thousands of ecommerce sites and marketplaces to help them drive sales conversions and protect brand integrity at every possible digital touch point. PriceSpider helps the world's biggest brands enrich the consumer journey and build long-lasting relationships with their shoppers, resulting in more revenue and higher profit margins.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join our team. If you would enjoy working to bring real world value to many of the world's largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Our platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as we strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers' products are used and consumed around the globe.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to junior developers on system design and coding implementation
- Lead development of development initiatives from a front-end perspective
- Take ownership of client-side architecture and design
- Work individually and collaboratively with global teams to create both scalable and maintainable solutions towards team and company goals
- Be able to read backend code in order to understand application functionality
- Promote high quality coding standards through the employment of industry best practices, including unit-testing and CI/CD
- Identify and engage in opportunities to reduce legacy application inefficiencies as newer projects and solutions progress
- Create and maintain documentation and training material
- Understand and adhere to system control standards, ensuring the company remains in compliance.
- Keep abreast of advancements in technologies, understanding where they can be implemented to improve company applications
- Participate in project and team planning, including those responsible for the identification and enumeration of product requirements
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous working experience with React components
- Experience working with and processing large volumes of data
- Understanding of how to handle data from difference sources
- Experience with multiple development languages
- Experience with CI / CD procedures and tools (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, ...)
- Experience with relational (SQL) databases
- Very analytical thinking and adaptability to frequently changing needs with an absolute solution orientation
- Any experience with e-commerce a plus
- React, PHP
- Github and Github Actions
- Messaging (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
This is a remote position.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.