Tech Lead- Application Engineering (Azure experience required)
Who We Are
For 20 years, we have been working with organizations large and small to help solve business challenges through technology. We bring a unique combination of engineering and strategy to Make Data Work for organizations.
Our clients range from the travel and leisure industry to publishing, retail and banking. The common thread between our clients is their commitment to making data work as seen through their investment in those efforts.
In our quest to solve data challenges for our clients, we work with large enterprise, cloud based and marketing technology suites. We have a deep understanding of these solutions so we can help our clients make the most of their investment in an efficient way to have a data driven business.
Why Work at Softcrylic?
Softcrylic provides an engaging, team-focused, and rewarding work environment where people are excited about the work they do and passionate about delivering creative solutions to our clients.
We are looking to add a Tech Lead- Application Engineering to our team! We are all working remotely at Softcrylic right now, so we are open to candidate from anywhere in the US.
This role is in our Engineering Division, where the focus is on Data and Application Engineering. The selected candidate will be reporting to the Chief Solutions Architect in managing data and application engineering projects and services. You will with our Solutions Architect to analyze legacy application and data stack and migrate to modern data platforms on the cloud. You will be working closely with our customers, as well as both our onshore and offshore teams, to design the new platforms and oversee the development aspects. The job requires experience and skills in developing architecture/design documents, an excellent understanding of data platforms (legacy and modern) and application stack, and exceptional presentation, communication, and articulation skills.
Technology Skills Required:
Database: SQL Server or MYSQL or Redshift or Google Big Query
Programming: C#, SQL & Python
Data Processing: SSIS or Talend or any other ETL tool
Data Lakes: Amazon S3 or Azure Blob or Google Buckets or AWS Athena
Design Tools: Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
Design Patterns: Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Inmon Modeling, Kimball Modeling, ETL, ELT, Flat Data Structures, and Dimensional Data StructuresShould have exceptional communication skills and should be client-facing
Required Experience & Other skills:
- Experience designing and implementing Transactional Systems with high security using cloud technologies is required
- Experience implementing solutions using VMs, Serverless Architecture, and Container-based architecture
- Excellent understanding of challenges in standing up a transactional solution at varying levels
- Should have solid experience in Data Management, Data Security, Application Security and Encryption standards
- Experience migrating applications and databases to Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience designing and implementing Data Warehouses
- Experience in developing detailed data platform architecture diagrams using Visio or other tools
- Experience creating PPTs and presenting solutions to executive teams
- Experience designing and implementing application/data solutions using cloud technologies from Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with stakeholders and defining roadmap and timelines for projects
- Experience representing workflows for data management, data quality management, and delivery
- Experience deriving project roadmap and goals breaking down a project into multiple modules and stories from requirements
- Strong understanding and execution experience on Scrum/Kanban practices
- Experience participating in client meetings and help drive technology decisions
- Should have a developer background in implementing data platforms and BI solutions
- Should have hands-on experience in Developing/deploying applications in Microsoft Azure, Data Modeling, Data Collection, Performance Optimization, and Delivery
Good to Have Skills:
- Experience in DB2 database is a huge plus
- Experience managing large teams is a huge plus
- Experience defining best practices across various areas of implementation is a plus
- Experience creating training materials on topics related to technology and project
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Azure: 5 years (Preferred)
- .NET: 5 years (Preferred)
- migrating applications: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote