Senior Product Designer, Financial Services
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
The Financial Services team at Square is responsible for all ways in which a seller may receive, manage, and transfer funds within the Square ecosystem. As a senior-level Product Designer for Financial Services, you will drive the design for experiences that millions of small- and medium-sized businesses depend on to thrive in today’s economy. We have multiple, high impact roles open across several product areas that cover all aspects of starting and running a business. We’re looking for designers who are motivated by turning complex financial problems into simple and elegant solutions. You’ll help make decisions that directly improve our product direction and roadmap. Your work will span from core features to experimental projects. Being a collaborative role, you will partner with other designers, project managers, data analysts, and engineers. We believe generalists have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final specifications.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for the success of
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and collaborate with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You can guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- You are able to determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources