Senior Software Engineer, Perception
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, John Deere, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Perception Team
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer, with a Frontend focus to join the Perception Team. The team’s mission is to build the most efficient tool for machine learning and computer vision teams to turn assets into high quality training data. Our customers use what we create to make breakthroughs in their fields and industries, and advance artificial intelligence. We will do this by building a tool that the customer can depend on and enjoy using with problem-focused craftsmanship, rooted in our customers.
Our team specializes in processing all kinds of multimedia assets and developing innovative, reliable, and desirable annotation editors - all through a performant, efficient, and beautifully designed browser interface served to a globally-scaled workforce. As a team, we develop all over the stack and system, but our most critical expertise lies in our experience and proficiency with modern browser and graphics technologies.
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience building complex, data-rich web applications
- You have a deep understanding of CS fundamentals, a passion for modern web technologies, and a demonstrated fluency with object-oriented and functional programming languages.
- Frontend development with Typescript, React, Redux, RxJS, or similar languages and frameworks
- Backend development with NodeJS, Apollo GraphQL, SQL, Redis, or similar languages and frameworks
- HTML5 Canvas-based image and video editing, especially developing content-aware and compute-assisted tooling
- Tiled Imagery and geospatial analysis
- Real-time collaboration and productivity software
- Browser network protocols and security best practices
- Machine learning principles and data pipeline development
- In-depth knowledge of multimedia file formats and encoding standards
- Pain-free local development with automated tooling for productivity and reliability; familiarity with Webpack, Docker, Kubernetes is a big plus
- You have a track record of delivering complex, cross-functional projects
- You are able to balance owning and delegating technical design decisions and make tradeoffs to move quickly while producing quality code
- You care deeply about building a highly reliable and desirable tool for our customers. To do so, you apply a constant and committed approach to learning and growing in your art
- You believe in applying your craft to practical problems and value having a meaningful impact in an exciting, growing field
- You thrive in a remote-first environment and can be relied on to strike a balance between focused, individual effort and effective collaboration. You are able to communicate clearly and concisely on technical problems and solutions across a variety of mediums
- You are excited to be part of a strong culture that promotes inclusive collaboration and fierce trust in each other
- You deeply value working on such a team and see yourself actively contributing to the culture, practices, and standards of the team
- You will push the boundaries of what is possible in a browser, squeezing out every last ounce of performance available to build the world’s most powerful and performant, secure and stable training data platform
- You will overcome tricky technical challenges and pioneer new uses of web technologies powering the features that enable our customers to make breakthroughs and advance the field of artificial intelligence
- You will make hands-on contributions and partner with a passionate and talented group of engineers, designers, and product managers to define, scope, and build critically valuable and innovative features in our core product
- You will develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- You will shape the future of Labelbox by hiring and recruiting more amazing and talented people and joining with them to promote a culture of technical excellence and constant growth through mentorship and guidance
- You will shape the future of Labelbox by leading mission-critical projects that deliver outstanding customer value with precise execution
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.