Director, People and Culture (contract position)
APPLICATIONS FOR A TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
- Employment Status: Independent Contractor
- Equiv. Position: Director, People and Culture
- Location: Remote
- Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
- To Apply: Please submit materials listed at the end of the job posting.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About Multiplying Good
At Multiplying Good (MG) we believe individuals are transformed through service to others. Applying service as a tool for personal growth, we help people discover their ability to bring about positive change, deliver the skills they need to make that change and, by validating their impact, inspire them to do more. We have proven that this continuum of activation, training, and recognition generates ripples of good.
We work with companies and organizations to recognize employees for acts of service in their communities, resulting in fulfilled and productive workplaces and stronger communities. We work with young people to increase confidence in their ability to make a difference and build on the skills they need to be successful. We work with media to connect audiences and recognize grassroots unsung heroes in their communities. All together, we highlight the power of service to activate empathetic leaders and changemakers and inspire greater impact through recognition.
Our organization changed its name in 2019 to Multiplying Good and added the tagline, The Power of Service to Others. The change strategically repositions our brand to galvanize constituents around the organization’s goals to inspire, activate, and recognize individuals who make positive change in their communities. Diverse voices, equitable practices, and inclusive work environments are at the heart of Multiplying Good’s work and we want to continually practice these values and ensure they are threaded through all areas of our organization. Following a year of interruption in 2020, Multiplying Good is excited to recenter the organization: our staff, our partners, and other stakeholders, around Multiplying Good as a brand and as an organization that lifts up those in service of others.
Multiplying Good welcomes applications from experienced Human Resources and Talent Development professionals with experience in change management and who are committed to the values diversity, equity, and inclusion as core to an organization’s business and work culture.
MG strives to support our people to allow each individual to reach their professional potential. The Director of People and Culture will engage colleagues across all MG’s departments and offices as one Multiplying Good Team and through all components of the HR lifecycle during a period of significant organizational change.
You will have excellent communication skills, a deep understanding and experience working with individuals at different stages of professional development, demonstrated experience designing and implementing standards and processes to align across all areas of talent management, and a sound understanding of change management practices across a distributed workforce.
The successful Director of People and Culture will collaborate with colleagues to design and then implement staff engagement, trainings, and practices to support a Multiplying Good ‘future state,’ representing the organization’s value proposition and as an integral component of our evolving work culture. The Director will also design and then implement workflows and systems that support the HR lifecycle enterprise wide. This will include setting standards, trainings, and written processes and procedures as it relates to job design, hiring, onboarding, job training, performance management, and professional development.
- Pro-actively engage with colleagues across the organization to recenter our work culture as a remote work force in an organization going through transformational change.
- Actively engage as an educator, facilitator, and advocate of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices throughout the organization.
- Establish and then implement goals and plans that will provide consistent staff care, support initiatives, and job-related training.
- Partner with leadership to set out and then implement talent management and development plans that support the organization’s goal to scale across the U.S. Integrate best practices and Multiplying Good’s evolving work culture and standards.
Work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration and other key colleagues to:
- Review and revise a policy and process manual that encompasses core components of the HR lifecycle. Specifically includes but not limited to, outline workforce planning guidelines; resource needs assessment guidelines, job design, descriptions, performance metrics; creating job postings, interviewing, recruitment; conducting background checks, onboarding/offboarding; job training and performance management; departures; recording absence plans.
- Adopt and support a robust talent acquisition process. Includes designing process and practices to support hiring managers and decision making around needs assessments and subsequent resource planning; job design, recruitment, interviewing, and assessment guidelines to qualify applicants to ensure consistent organizational standards for core competencies.
- Establish and implement a high-quality onboarding experience for new hires.
- Create and deliver a repository of learning and development initiatives that provide technical training and professional development opportunities for staff.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Puts people first; makes space for all voices and serves as a trusted staff confidante and support.
- Demonstrated experience a coach manager, trainer, or workshop facilitator.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- A highly organized self-manager and seasoned self-starter.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn organizational tools and systems.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience
- Ability to leverage a working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations to recommend baseline and best practices.
- SHRM related qualification highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a professional Talent Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- This is a contract position in the first instance.
- Candidates should submit their fee or rate expectations in their application.
- MG offers a remote and flexible work environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The organization is 100% remote, travel may be required if the needs and opportunity arises.
- Applicants are actively encouraged to demonstrate their commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Multiplying Good is committed to living its mission by building a culture of service. At Multiplying Good, we get to spend our time surrounded by people who see service as part of who they are. Multiplying Good strives to ensure everyone interacts thoughtfully, with respect, and with kindness. From our staff, to our consultants, vendors, partners, and other stakeholders engaged in the work of Multiplying Good, our culture of service is not only core to what we do, it is core to who we are.
How To Apply
Candidates should send the following to:including:
- Your resume, a thoughtful cover letter, fee/rate expectations, 2 work samples (writing and PPT).
- Please add “People and Culture” to the email subject line.
- Please note where you saw the posting.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Multiplying Good is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with 100% remote workforce and welcomes applications from anywhere within the United States. As the opportunity and business need arises, travel to any part of the country may be expected. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse team to represent the communities we serve, and to pro-actively create a work environment where all voices are heard and valued.