Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will manage digital communications, advertising and social media channels for Farm Forward. They will also be responsible for developing a messaging strategy and content calendar, and will create written communications, blogs, newsletters, and media pitches under the guidance of the Director of Engagement. This position will collaborate closely with the directors of engagement and campaigns and is responsible for translating programmatic goals into digital communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
Communications Strategy • Develop, in collaboration with directors of engagement and campaigns, content and messaging strategy that supports ongoing campaigns and organizational initiatives.
Communications • Plan and draft newsletters; • Coordinate with the director of engagement to create and manage a blog content calendar; • Write original blog posts, with a goal of publishing two per month; • Engage and coordinate staff to supplement with additional posts and content; and • Plan and draft media pitches.
Social Media • Create and manage content calendar for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc); • Gather relevant content from other staff; • Manage content and engagement across social media communities; • Create on brand graphics and visual storytelling assets for social media, communications, and partnership promotion; and • Track social media analytics, set annual growth metrics, and use data to inform social media strategy and growth strategy.
Digital Advertising • Collaborate with director of engagement to manage digital and social media advertising; • Track digital advertising performance; and • Actively manage digital advertising campaigns to maximize reach and conversion (sign ups, donations, etc).
Digital Fundraising Strategy • Carry out, under guidance of the director of development, digital fundraising strategies (e.g. email and social media fundraising appeals); and • Track online donor data to inform and evaluate digital fundraising strategy.
• Minimum of three years of experience in communications, advocacy, or digital campaigning. • Project management experience.
• General knowledge of issues in animal agriculture and food systems, such as: regenerative agriculture, veg* advocacy, environmental sustainability, environmental racism, public health, farmworker and slaughterhouse labor, food justice, food sovereignty, indigenous Land Back movement.
• Experience communicating and building relationships with diverse audiences, such as rural communities, urban food sovereignty and labor movements, BIPOC communities, social justice advocates, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills • Ability to consistently and efficiently generate written communications.
• Creative problem-solving ability.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Self-starting, with the ability to take initiative and follow through.
• Ability to multitask, work with minimal direct oversight, and meet deadlines
• Support for FF’s mission and the ability to advocate for FF’s positions on a range of issues including being committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability and willingness to articulate and model the values of the organization.
• Ability and willingness to work in a virtual office with a dynamic and collaborative culture.