Fast-growing West Hollywood based, 501(c)3 non-profit founded in 2004, JQ International (JQ) provides programs and services to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) Jewish community and their friends, families, and loved ones. JQ does this by creating quality social and educational programming, offering life-affirming and life-saving support services, and providing activism/leadership opportunities inspired by Jewish values. JQ works to educate and empower LGBTQ+ community members, their allies, and the Jewish community on increasing understanding, acceptance, and inclusion. Programming and service offerings create safe space and provide access points for increased involvement, leadership development, and the healthy fusion of LGBTQ+ and Jewish identities. For more information visit:www.JQInternational.org or www.facebook.com/JQIntl .
JQ International, Executive Assistant
JQ celebrates the lives of LGBTQ+ Jews and their allies by transforming Jewish communities and ensuring inclusion through education, support, and identity-enrichment. JQ does this by providing quality community engagement programming, educational opportunities, and safety-net services. Organization is highly sought after for LGBTQ+ inclusion education and training. For more information visit: www.JQInternational.org.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant (EA) position requires tact and integrity due to the frequency of high level internal and external contacts and exposure to confidential, sensitive, and privileged information. The EA will perform routine and confidential administrative tasks in support of the CEO & Chief Development Officer (CDO). The EA is a motivated individual who is detail- oriented, proactive, and organized, able to support and manage many aspects of the priorities of the organization. The successful EA will anticipate needs, problem solve and respond in a timely manner to both current and future needs. They will work as a liaison for key internal and external constituents.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications on the executive's behalf
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents and reports.
- Maintains accuracy on donor profiles in donor management software
- Performing minor accounting and bookkeeping duties
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and other resources to support the CEO in addressing issues
- Receive and initiate extensive, regular outside contacts on behalf of the CEO with board members, Jewish communal executives, program partners, lay leaders, and philanthropists.
- Supports the CEO and CDO by maintaining rapport and sustaining relationships with external stakeholders.
- Assist with research, writing, and editing correspondence, speeches, articles, other communication
- Support CEO & CDO in grants management, applications, reports, and deadlines
Development Coordination and Management
- Coordinate with senior management regarding projects, reports, requests, and meetings
- Serves as project manager for special projects as assigned, which may include planning and coordinating presentations, events, disseminating information, research and collecting data
- Play a key role in donor relationship management
- Attend meetings, take notes, clarify next steps, and follow up on assignments
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 2-plus years experience in an administrative role (required), development/donor stewardship (a plus)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Ability to carefully listen to and understand the needs of groups and individuals
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events
- Strong writing, project management, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to draw connections between the many moving parts of the organization
- Experience working with varying audiences and stakeholders
- The ability to think ahead and self manage
- Experience with the LGBTQA+ community
- Experience with the Jewish community
- Experience with working with donors
- Experience working with donor management software
- Motivational writer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse community groups
Work environment, schedule, and compensation
40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends. Flexible work environment includes JQ’s WeHo headquarters (JQlub), plus meeting and event sites throughout Greater Los Angeles. Salary commensurate with experience.