L’Arche is worldwide federation of 154 communities on 5 continents. In the communities, people with and without intellectual disabilities share life together and contribute to a more human society. Together, in our communities, integrated in local cultures all over the world, we create ways to live, work and develop networks. In L’Arche, each person participates, helps and receives help. We share our experiences, because when we bring our weaknesses and strengths together, when we recognize we need each other, these can contribute to building a world where all belong.
L’Arche International serves as a convener of unity for our common mission. The administrative office is in Paris but we function as a virtual team across the globe. In our 57th year after the foundation we strive to increase our capacity as a learning organization in order to promote our mission more boldly, more strategically and with more coherence across the globe.
We are looking for a talented, curious and bi-lingual CRM Administrator with a thirst for social-justice and inclusion to join us in this pioneering phase of capacity building around data management. Your contribution will help us to take better decisions for our members and partners across the world in order to build more human societies.
As L’Arche has steadily grown into the complex and multi-faceted organization that it is today, its data needs have also grown. The challenge posed by information collection, storage and dissemination was identified in a 2020 report that highlighted the informal, inconsistent, or non-existent nature of data collection processes within the organization. A decision was made to establish a suitable constituent relationship management (CRM) system to integrate information and data management, support the improvement and automation of business processes, and gather evidence about the health of the organization.
The CRM Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our database. Working closely with evaluation & learning, fundraising, HR, program management and other international staff, the administrator will identify, develop and deploy new processes. This role is part technical product manager, part administrator.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the FreeAgent CRM platform with 30 users
- Focus the organization’s use of data towards what best serves the mission
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Manage less complex FreeAgent integrations - those not handled by the FreeAgent account executive.
- Train new users and grow the CRM skill set across the organization
- Document customizations made in the platform
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long term projects
- Ensure that the platform is working as expected and reach out to the FreeAgent point of contact when needed.
- Reports to the Director of Evaluation & Learning
- Close collaboration with our programs, fundraising, finances, communication, HR and our leaders overseeing L’Arche across the globe
- Flexibility to work in a virtual team and across very diverse time zones
- Occasional international travel
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- English and French fluency, written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritise simultaneous request
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritise information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on the platform and other integrated systems
- Commitment to the mission and values of L’Arche
- A documented history of successful project completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Ability to quickly master new technology
- Minimum 3 years working with a CRM
- Knowledge of APIs and/or programming languages preferred
- Strong understanding of CRM best practices and functionality preferred
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
Salary and benefits depend on candidate’s skills, experience and location in either U.S. or Canada
If our work resonates with you and you believe you have the qualities and experience to manage our CRM system in its pioneering phase, we’d love to hear from you!