Manager, Partnerships and Employer Services
Manager, Partnerships and Employer Services
Reports To: Sr. Director of Corporate Relations & Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Development & External Relations
Location: Anywhere in U.S.
SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers) is a nonprofit organization serving and advancing Hispanics in STEM. With more than 13,000 student and professional members, SHPE’s mission is to change lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support, and development. To accomplish this, SHPE provides a variety of programming, services, resources, and events, including hosting the largest Hispanic STEM convention in the nation. For more information, visit.
SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development.
SHPE's vision is a world where Hispanics are highly valued and influential as the leading innovators, scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
SHPE is a workforce and economic development engine. The Corporate Relations Manager is of paramount importance and responsible for creating and strengthening mutually beneficial relationships between SHPE members and partner organizations that rely on a STEM workforce. The Corporate Relations Manager manages all aspects of SHPE’s Career Services operations, which includes overseeing SHPE’s premiere online job board and career center for Hispanics in STEM. In addition, this position will serve as the lead sponsorship manager for SHPE’s Regional Leadership Development Conferences (RLDCs) and National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA) while also supporting the fundraising efforts for the SHPE National Convention. This position will work closely with members of SHPE’s Industry Partnership Council (IPC), corporate-based chapters and membership development staff and will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Relations and Marketing. This individual will provide comprehensive careers services pre and post SHPE’s National Convention and the seven Regional Leadership Development Conferences. The ideal candidate will demonstrate success in growing and advancing career services to a wide array of constituents varying from members and sponsors within a nonprofit organization. The Manager provides friendly, courteous and professional service by assisting our corporate partners with a variety of functions including inquiries by general phone, e-mail and internet. The Manager actively promotes SHPE’s career services, career fairs, programs and special events by identifying customer
needs, recognizing moments of opportunity, and providing the appropriate solution to meet customer requests in an effort to close on all customer service and sales opportunities.
- Establish a formal Career Services strategic plan and systems within SHPE that targets:
1) Members seeking internships, employment and career advancement; and
2) Companies, government agencies and partner organizations that rely on a STEM
- Constantly monitor, analyze, and evaluate the scope of services offered through SHPE career services and reports on results produced
- Manage and communicate SHPE’s career portal and job board analytics
- Plan, implement, and direct new programs under the supervision of the Senior Director of Corporate Relations and Marketing that lead to an increase in the number of Hispanic students and professionals employed by companies and organizations that rely on a STEM workforce
- Establish data collection and analysis procedures to track and validate interview and placement statistics generated through SHPE career fair and the career portal.
- Work with corporate-based chapters to define their workforce development and hiring needs and ensure timely execution of all benefits and deliverables
- Coordinate with internal membership and programs staff to enhance member programs and resources to build their confidence in all aspects of the job search process
- Respond to general career services inquiries in a timely manner while identifying upselling opportunities for sponsors and collaborate with SHPE’s sales team
- Support the development of all SHPE sponsorship brochures, marketing collateral and communications
- Ability to develop and implement strategies for corporate outreach and to manage a portfolio of 50 partners, and 10 to 20 strong prospects for our partnership council, while tracking activity and success against goals
- Cultivate strong corporate partnerships by building relationships with contacts to fully engage, and increase support and interest in growing their SHPE funding, their organizational participation, and advancing their relationship with the organization
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with diverse audiences, including public officials, corporate executives, community leaders, higher-education stakeholders, and donors
- Initiate innovative ideas to generate new revenue and develop compelling business cases
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative sponsorship opportunities and conferences/events
- Strong project management skills managing multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes, revenue growth, and conference growth
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements, corporate sponsorships, and/or contracts
- Supports Director of Corporate Relations in day-to-day operational tasks as requested. Including but not limited to: CRM system updates, meeting prep and note taking, call scheduling and follow-up.
- Other related duties as assigned or as becomes evident.
MANDATORY JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Belief in the Mission and Vision of SHPE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum 5years of progressive experience in nonprofit career services, fund development or relevant professional work experience required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience of significant relationship building, revenue/profit responsibility, and partnership management experience
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills are required
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship management
- Ability to analyze data from existing CRM to assess trends and opportunities for growth
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as appropriate
- Impeccable ability to prioritize tasks, contribute to a healthy, productive work environment, and follow through on duties as assigned
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Innovative thinker
- Self-starter who is goal oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license required.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with Community Brands career portal a plus
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Moderate noise level
- Although tasks may be routine, day to day is always different
- Less than 25-30% Travel
- Available to work outside standard work hours
- Ability to stand one third of the time
- Ability to lift 10lbs or less one third of the time
- Ability to walk one third of the time
- Ability to sit more than two thirds of the time
- Ability to talk and hear two thirds of the time
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary is $50,000 - $60,000
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and vacation
Interested candidates should submit the following items electronically to
- Cover letter (with the subject Manager, Corporate Relations)
- 3 professional references
- Salary requirements
Note: Submission deadline is revolving until filled.
It is the policy of SHPE not to discriminate against any individual employee, group of employees or prospective employee for reasons of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental or sensory disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. SHPE is committed to providing equal opportunities in all employment-related activities including, but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, advancement, compensation, training, benefits, transfers, and terms of employment. SHPE promotes equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Further, SHPE will fully comply with all applicable equal employment federal, state and local laws and regulations.