Manager of Digital Marketing
Manager of Digital Marketing for a 40-employee (and growing) remote education non-profit providing professional learning to K-12 educators nationally
Type of Vacancy: Salaried, full-time
Start date: June 2021
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States
Report to: Managing Director, Strategic Growth & Communications
Compensation: Starting salary is $80,000, with comprehensive benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Teaching Lab is an equal-opportunity employer committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We pursue equity as both a means and an end and enthusiastically welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this role.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Manager of Digital Marketing will help build broader awareness of how Teaching Lab’s professional learning programs can shift teacher practice to achieve educational equity. This role will develop, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies designed to increase Teaching Lab’s brand presence across different channels and segments.
As a rapidly growing nonprofit, we seek driven and proactive individuals who have a high level of personal accountability, team players who see the interconnectedness between their role and the organization’s mission, and have the ability to “manage up” when needed to get complex work done. Eligible candidates must have experience developing and executing long-term marketing strategy and marketing campaigns under limited supervision, securing earned media coverage, as well as experience developing and designing promotional materials. Ideal candidates will also have experience in marketing in an education context, have stellar communication skills, have the ability to effectively pivot their own work or reprioritize in times of ambiguity, demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem solving, and the ability to manage workflows with and without formal authority. Above all, this candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to racial and educational equity. This position has high potential for both large-scale impact and career growth.
WHO WE ARE
Teaching Lab is a nonprofit organization with a mission to fundamentally shift the paradigm of teacher professional learning to achieve educational equity. We envision a world where teachers and students thrive together in communities that enable life-long learning and meaningful lives. Using our Head, Heart, and Habits model of professional learning, we transform professional learning from the ground up to dramatically improve student outcomes. We also work with school, district, and state leaders to create the instructional systems necessary to support these changes. To learn more about Teaching Lab, explore our website at.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager of Digital Marketing will engage in the following:
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to increase Teaching Lab’s reputation with educators, funders, and the broader education community
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to drive qualified traffic to all Teaching Lab channels, including website and social media accounts
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop digital marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of digital marketing programs, including public relations, advertising, social media, and promotions from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Write and design digital marketing collateral materials and content for external presentations about Teaching Lab programs
- Coordinate external presentations on Teaching Lab programs
- Manage social media accounts by creating content, responding, commenting, tagging, and retweeting etc.
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- With External Affairs function, design, test and evolve lead-nurturing tactics
- Serve as public information contact, as appropriate, for the organization
Education, Work Experience, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- Deep understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Proven experience developing digital marketing plans and campaigns; Having these experiences in the education context is preferred
- Experience in building and developing essential operational components of a digital marketing function is preferred
- Proficiency in marketing automation and CRM tools
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design
- Established connections and relationships with press and media contacts in education is preferred
Values, Skills, and Competencies
- Strong commitment to Teaching Lab’s organizational mission and in pursuit of educational equity
- Strong commitment to growth mindset for both adults and students, and a desire to work collaboratively to grow team skills and capabilities
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Compelling communication and influence skills
- Ability to implement tactically and take an idea from concept to completion
- Equally comfortable playing external and internal roles, demonstrating a professional and warm demeanor in building rapport and credibility and in developing relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to succeed in a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic organization
- Reliable and consistently complete work in a timely and consistent manner
WORKING AT TEACHING LAB
All roles at Teaching Lab are contingent on business needs.
Teaching Lab offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time salaried employees, including: medical, dental, and vision; a 401(k) program with a 4% employer match; short-term life, long-term life, disability, and worker’s compensation insurance; flexible health spending accounts; technology equipment; monthly technology reimbursement; and generous time off and leave policies.
This position is eligible for remote work anywhere in the continental United States, and may require some travel (quarterly) when travel resumes.
You can apply for the Manager, Digital Marketing role. Additional questions may be directed to .
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.