i3 Threat Analyst, APAC
RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts and Fortune-500 organizations, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for an i3 Threat Analyst to join our team! This position is based in Melbourne, Australia but will be Remote.
The Incident Investigation and Intelligence (i3) Program within RiskIQ is built to provide services to all clients who utilize the RiskIQ platform suite, but specifically to use RiskIQ technology and data to provide analytic solutions for our clients who need support for their attack surface management strategy. Fundamentally, i3 provides actionable intelligence used to protect C-Suite and high net worth individuals from physical threats, exposures of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and instances of social media account impersonation thereby safeguarding the individual, their reputation, family, and by extension, their company through the Executive Guardian platform. i3 also utilizes the External Threats platform to manage threats on behalf of our clients who come under assault from phishing, domain infringement, brand impersonation, and data leakage to name a few.
The i3 Threat Intelligence Analyst is an entry-level analytic role that first and foremost provides assistance to the i3 Program, and more specifically to the MIS and investigations teams, with Chinese language skills. This includes, but is not limited to, translation of text or voice, assistance in fraud investigations and providing cultural insights where needed. Additionally, the analyst will capitalize on an existing technical skillset to build and maintain technical logic to identify online threats to clients, manage client threat events, and take the appropriate action to suppress harmful content on the internet in order to protect our clients, their people, and their assets.
The i3 Threat Intelligence Analyst is technically proficient, proactive, and is business-minded using both available open source and proprietary data sets to confidently support attribution of virtual threat actors with their actions.
- Assisting the MIS and investigations teams specifically, but also the rest of the i3 team as a whole, with investigations that require Chinese language and cultural insights
- Manage client workspaces to identify and mitigate threats such as phishing, domain infringement, brand infringement, social media impersonations, and mobile app fraudulent activity
- Work with i3 colleagues and leadership to design solutions to improve collection within the External Threats platform to improve the client experience
- Respond to requests for customer support and escalate to Engineering as appropriate
- Review and appropriately escalate detections based on the urgency of the discovered data/threat
- Monitor the RiskIQ platform and alert/support senior staff to conduct security/threat investigations into threat actors and their activities world-wide, using industry tools and proprietary information
- Identify opportunities to predict and prevent future security issues and/or incidents
- Collaborate with client security teams digitally, via phone, or at times, in person to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Work with sensitive and confidential information and maintain highest standards of data protection to ensure client confidentiality
- Support the production of finished threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Collaborate with senior i3 team members to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required
- Native proficiency in Mandarin or Cantonese or both is essential to this role
- Additional Asian language skills of advantage
- Familiarization with social media with exceptional research skills
- Previous experience with anti-phishing and online fraud identification and remediation desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with and communicate with clients
- Experience managing multiple projects, and the ability to flex quickly as required by evolving corporate priorities
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Basic understanding of investigative analysis, and communicating findings to consumers
- Approximately 5-10% global travel required
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams worldwide. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company at the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2020 due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. Our platform helped the security community respond to threats around COVID-19, the election, and SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced, with a track record in successful technology and cybersecurity startups.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle, and new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You'll have as much challenging and meaningful work as you can handle, as well as the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.