Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
We're looking for experienced infrastructure engineers to help us build and maintain our managed TimescaleDB cloud services. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team, building and maintaining the infrastructure that powers our platform. Your work will be instrumental in developing our Kubernetes-based clusters and infrastructure. In addition to being a key voice in architectural/platform discussions, your work will touch on areas such as general Infrastructure as Code automation, infrastructure tooling development, observability, security, CI/CD, complex deployment strategies, and developing custom functionality against Kubernetes itself.
Timescale is a all-remote organization; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations (UTC-8 to UTC+5.5)
- Extensive knowledge of at least one major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Strong experience with modern infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and other infrastructure automation
- Programming skills (we mostly use Go but are more concerned with good fundamentals)
- Deep knowledge of Linux, container environments, and bash
Nice to Haves:
- Experience deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters at scale. Knowledge of Kubernetes cluster orchestration tools like kops or kubeadm a plus
- Experience deploying, operating, and using major production-level databases. Huge bonus points for PostgreSQL and/or TimescaleDB!
- Familiarity with developing Kubernetes operators, controllers, and custom CRDs
Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and a Timescale cloud platform, offering fully-managed TimescaleDB and related time-series services. TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over one million active databases deployed worldwide,Timescale customers span all industries and use cases, including: cloud infrastructure monitoring and metrics, SaaS product analytics, media and entertainment, Internet of Things, finance, and more. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.