Business Development Director, EMEA
At CircleCI we help some of the world’s most innovative companies - from venture-backed companies to tech-forward enterprises - scale their software development practices, and significantly accelerate their pace of business growth. We’re passionate about helping engineering teams take the shortest path from idea to value creation, and we need your help!
We’re looking for a Business Development Director to join the EMEA org, reporting to the General Manager EMEA, and working collaboratively with the global Vice President of Business & Corporate Development and the wider BD team.
As Business Development Director, you’ll develop and execute a strategy for scaling our EMEA partnerships in order to establish CircleCI as the top CI/CD platform, and supporting our customers to modernise their software value chain and achieve digital transformation goals. You will recruit and manage a diverse range of the most exciting regional partners, including cloud platforms, software delivery technologies, Systems Integrators (SIs), Value-added Resellers (VARs) and startup ecosystem partners. You will cultivate and handle high-value partner relationships, developing joint CircleCI/Partner go-to-market strategies that improve customer experiences and generate opportunities for our revenue team across EMEA.
About the Business Development Team:
The team is responsible for identifying and driving strategic programs to help grow the CircleCI ecosystem globally. The team works to build long-term relationships with technology companies, open-source developers, and service providers that drive mutual outcomes and increase the value of CircleCI for new and existing customers. Working closely with all CircleCI functional areas (engineering, product management, marketing, sales, customer success, finance) and key internal and external partners, the team defines a go-to-market approach, builds deep and lasting partnerships, and develops processes to systematise and rapidly expand those efforts.
What you'll do:
As a BD Director you’ll work with new and existing partners, as well as CircleCI’s internal teams, in the following capacity:
- Develop a vision and strategy to scale CircleCI’s regional partnerships with cloud platforms, SIs, VARs, software delivery technology partners and startup ecosystem partners.
- Develop annual and quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) for CircleCI’s EMEA BD function, working globally and collaboratively with the BD team, and successfully achieve those results.
- Identify, recruit, onboard and manage new EMEA partners.
- Negotiate and enforce legally-binding partner agreements.
- Actively develop meaningful relationships across all functions with our partners, including executives, product, engineering, sales and marketing teams.
- Continually enable and train partners on CircleCI offerings.
- Work with CircleCI’s Marketing and Revenue teams to drive awareness and adoption of partner capabilities to improve outcomes for our customers, partners and CircleCI.
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing to drive the creation and execution of sales/marketing content that builds CircleCI’s best-of-breed reputation, and supports demand generation programs that drive partner-related revenue.
- Represent the Voice of the Partner within CircleCI, orchestrating partner engagement across all internal functions.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to develop features based on Partner feedback.
- Drive agenda for business and technical reviews with Partners.
- International travel may be required.
What we're looking for:
To succeed in this role, you’ll be someone who is highly motivated and able to work independently, with demonstrated expertise as follows:
- 8+ years of experience in the software and IT industry in related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management roles.
- Consistent track record of successfully achieving annual/quarterly OKRs in an alliances or business development role through recruiting and managing Partners.
- Ability to develop, negotiate, and implement strategic plans that drive CircleCI and partner business success.
- Experience developing joint go-to-market initiatives for a SaaS platform, through building relationships with both non-technical and technical leadership.
- Experience in enabling internal revenue teams for successful co-selling with partners.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable of industry trends important to modern software delivery and cloud-native computing. An understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging DevOps trends and their impact on customer opportunities is preferred.
- Experience working with partners in the European startup tech ecosystem is a plus!
- Problem-solving mentality using internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow-through with partners.
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with technical audiences from both large and small businesses.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organisational skills.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.