Events & Experience Manager
Our Mission: Project Invent empowers students with 21st-century skills to succeed individually and impact globally, through invention.
Our Vision: A generation of fearless, compassionate problem solvers.
Project Invent is a national nonprofit empowering high school students across the country to invent technologies for social impact. We train teachers in design thinking, engineering, and entrepreneurship to lead students through identifying real problems in their communities and inventing impactful solutions. At the end of the year, students present their inventions to their community partners and have a chance to pitch to investors and tech leaders at our Demo Day events.
As our Events & Experience Manager (EEM), you will be responsible for planning, marketing, and executing our program events, both online and in person. This includes the Idea Review (mid-year milestone), Spark Day (career discovery event), and Demo Days (capstone event). You will also design and execute our new Demo Day X initiative to support teacher fellows in coordinating regional pitch events (both in-person and virtual). In partnership with the Program Team and Deputy Director, the EEM will ensure that the student experience of our program is impactful, meaningful, and memorable.
We are a remote-friendly team, and are happy to accept candidates from anywhere in the U.S. This is a full-time, salaried position for a candidate excited about building an impactful program experience for students across the country!
What we're looking for…
- Committed to empowering students to be creative, resilient, empathetic problem solvers.
- Passionate about innovative education.
- A go-getter, ideas person, and executor.
- Excited about designing meaningful learning experiences for students.
- Experience with planning large-scale events, both in-person and virtual.
- Ability to develop event success metrics and use data to improve events.
- Experience with CRM software (i.e. Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with project management tools (i.e. Asana, Notion, Airtable etc.) is a plus.
- When conditions are safer: willing to travel about once per month.
Roles & Responsibilities…
- (50%) Event Coordination: Lead all event planning, execution, and impact measurement for Idea Review (mid-year milestone), Spark Day (career discovery event), and Demo Days (capstone event).
- (30%) Demo Day X: Design & execute our new Demo Day X initiative to support teacher fellows to host regional pitch events.
- (10%) Volunteer Management: Work with the Director of Development and the Program Team to manage corporate volunteers across all events and programs.
- (10%) Marketing & Publicity: Work directly with the Partnerships & Recruitment Manager to develop marketing strategies for both internal and external program events.
Project Invent was started in 2018 by Connie Liu, an MIT mechanical engineer turned high school teacher turned entrepreneur. You can learn more about that story.
Want to get a better feel of what we do and why we do it? Check out these links:
- Program Experience ( )
- Team Experience ( )
- Fellow Experience ( )
- Demo Day Experience ( )
- Theory of Change ( )
- 2020 End-of-Year Report ( )
Application: Please send your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.