Representative/Organizer - Based in Bay Area, CA
Local 21 is seeking a Representative/Organizer to represent members and build power for working professionals. As a labor representative, you will recruit and develop member leaders; work on collective bargaining & contract administration; build political power and coalitions that increase justice and equity for working people.
About Local 21
Local 21 is a progressive, innovative, growing union of more than 10,000 professional government employees in major jurisdictions throughout the Bay Area. The staff works closely with a unified Executive Committee and talented member leaders.
The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience working independently on organizational and representational issues, developing member leaders, and preferably negotiating contracts and leading contract campaigns. With a history of success in the following areas:
- Developing member leaders to run strong chapters capable of addressing the needs of members.
- Working collaboratively with elected leaders to achieve solid standards for our members and communities.
- Promoting member activism and an organizing approach to contract administration.
- Overseeing grievance processing and decision making on whether to arbitrate.
- Negotiating contracts and running contract campaigns.
- Organizing new units and recruiting and activating members.
- Lobbying and political action.
- Work cooperatively with other staff.
- Motivation for continual self-development and education.
All materials must be sent electronically to Debra Grabelle c/o Mayra Jaimes at this email address:.
Submit the following documents to be considered:
- An updated resume reflecting your qualifications for this position.
- Letter of application addressing how your career accomplishments have prepared you to meet the challenges and opportunities facing Local 21, a public-sector union of highly trained professional and technical employees.
All inquiries and material submitted will be kept confidential.
The deadline for all candidates is May 31, 2021.
Compensation for this position is very competitive; the salary range is $73,800-$135,000, depending on experience.
IFPTE Local 21 is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We are interested in applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and genders.
When Applying: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information on Idealist.org