Development Database Manager
The Development Database Manager reports to the Director of Annual Giving & Operations and is a key member of the school's development team. They will provide strategic oversight, as well as long- and short-range planning, for the areas of database integrity, reporting, data analysis, and system enhancements. The ideal candidate is data-driven, analytical, tech-savvy, process-focused, detail-oriented, comfortable managing multiple projects, and mindful of the importance of building meaningful relationships with the school’s various constituents. This individual is responsible for ensuring high standards of quality, consistency, and accuracy across all development records and research reports.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving and Operations to optimize the department’s use of Veracross by developing policies and protocols for data entry, prospect management, accuracy, and data management;
- Ensure accurate and standardized input of all data (e.g., address changes, business information, event attendance, solicitation status, and other updates);
- Pull segmented mailing lists for solicitations and correspondence;
- Design and run regular reports on annual giving and/or major gifts status, prospect management, and constituency-specific giving status;
- Write and maintain database documentation/procedures, including data-input standards;
- Review overdue pledge balances with Director of Annual Giving & Operations and Chief Development Officer on a quarterly schedule, and generate all major gift and Annual Fund pledge reminders on a biannual schedule;
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, serve as liaison with the Finance Office regarding all relevant reporting, endowment, and individual fund information;
- Provide relevant endowment and fund information to Manager of Development Communications and Stewardship in support of stewardship activities and donor correspondence;
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Administrative Systems, prepare donor lists for inclusion in the school’s annual Report of Gifts;
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Administrative Systems, as well as other departments when needed, to ensure campus-wide data and systems integrity;
- Prepare all CASE, NYSAIS, NAIS, and similar surveys and reports;
- Train new and existing development staff on database standards and provide technical support/direction as needed; and
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years database and development experience, ideally in an educational institution; knowledge of Veracross preferred.
- Exhibits superior organizational skills and an ability to work independently with minimal direction and support; can handle multiple projects, balance priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of financial systems; comfortable interpreting and reporting on financial information, including general endowment data and individual fund details.
- Able to interface professionally with alumni, parents, administration, faculty, and students.
- Experienced in data analysis, gift processing, and donor acknowledgment; familiar with annual fundraising cycle and common development terminology and needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and donor-centered.
- Proficient in Google Workspace tools and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the mission of the school.
- Able to work outside of standard business hours, including occasional weekends and evenings, if/as needed.