Social Media & Content Manager
The Global Warming Mitigation Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is identifying, activating, and accelerating projects and programs worldwide that are reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing carbon uptake. This includes direct funding of vetted organizations, enhancing networking and promotional efforts, identifying ways to unleash funding opportunities for climate solutions, and supporting climate justice.
Currently, our programs include theand the . The Keeling Curve Prize awards $250,000 annually to projects that display proven carbon uptake, drawdown, or sequestration efforts. The Sphere is a networking portal for climate projects, funders, and individuals.
The primary function of the Social Media and Content Manager position is the creation and execution of a comprehensive social media strategy for the Global Warming Mitigation Project. The successful candidate will be self-starting, motivated, energetic, and highly qualified. This position is responsible for managing and implementing our communications and social media strategy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube, creating short videos for various events and promotional purposes, and regularly writing for our blog. Additionally, this person will, work with our designer to ensure sponsorship documents and marketing materials are current, accurate, and reflect the brand and desired messaging, be responsible for maintenance of our Squarespace website, and perform other duties assigned which are in the best interest of the GWMP.
A successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years experience working in Media
- Video Editing experience, working with Final Cut Pro or other relevant software
- A desire to work in a self-directed manner in a remote work environment
- A strong vision and demonstrated ability to think creatively and independently
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Experience creating social media strategy and content
- In-depth knowledge of the climate space, climate science, and current conversations around climate change
This is a full-time position, and the selected candidate will work remotely with our small, tight-knit team, and collaborate regularly with our part-time graphic designer.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to, with the subject line “Social Media and Content Manager application.” For all inquiries, please email Vivian at .