Development and Social Media Manager
Global Conservation is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to direct funding, equipment and systems for park and wildlife protection of endangered national parks and UNESCO World Heritage in developing countries.
Today, Global Conservation supports protection of forests and wildlife in twelve (12) national parks covering over 10 million acres of critical wildlife habitats.
The Development and Social Media Manager is responsible for assisting and supporting
Global Conservation’s Executive Director fundraising and communications.
You will work with senior development staff in identifying, researching, cultivating, and stewarding major and leadership gifts in the United States and Great Britain, and expanding our social media donations.
Global Conservation has just completed a new three-year strategic plan with an exciting vision for growth. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning the ins and outs of fundraising from a team of professionals committed to mentoring and providing them the tools and programs they need to succeed in the role.
TYPE: Full-time, permanent, or part-time virtual position
HOURS: 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Bay Area
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area (strongly preferred)
- Prepare updated major donor lists and progress reports.
- Manage all aspects of donor stewardship for major gifts - Donor research, cultivation, and stewardship
- Conduct prospect research and prepare bios for major and leadership donors in collaboration with senior development staff.
- Providing regular stewardship lists to senior development staff.
- Manage the Salesforce Database and Gift Administration
- Maintain donor and prospect contact records and research in Salesforce database.
- Develop Timely Reports on Major Donors needing calls,
- Arrange Executive Director Zoom meetings, calls and in-person visits.
- Donor events support – hosted dinners, GC Trips and larger events in SF, NY and LA
- Provide event-logistics support for friendraisers, fundraisers, and other development events
- Manage Global Conservation's social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and prepare regular posts
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of work experience, ideally in fundraising position
- High level of proficiency creating slide presentations; experience with Google
- Experience using databases, preferably Salesforce
- Experience with portfolio and/or project management
- Excellent written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- A professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email, or through letters
- Superior organizational and problem-solving abilities with acute attention to detail
- Technical savvy with a variety of office technologies (e.g., Google Suite of products, Zoom)
- Ability to work well alone
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work with passionate professionals.
- Comprehensive health benefits: medical, dental, and vision.
- Matching 401(k).
- Work/life balance.
- Gym and wellness incentives.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of communities around GC Projects and protect nature, forests and wildlife.
Pay: $4,200.00 - $6,200.00 per month
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Social Media Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Development: 4 years (Preferred)