Technical Program Manager, Security Engineering
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in alike ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, maintaining a high security bar earns us the trust of millions of customers. They choose to buy, sell and store billions of dollars worth of digital assets in our products. As a Technical Program Manager on the Security Engineering team you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the way Security scales its programs across Coinbase.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partnering closely with Security and Engineering teams to ensure cross functional organizational coordination, stakeholder management, and ownership of results.
- Work with the Security Engineering team to build world class security services.
- Establish a Security Engineering roadmap including quick wins and programmatic investments.
- Manage multiple backlogs and effectively prioritize new features vs tech debt.
- Execute efficiently in a fast-paced, fluid where change is constant and creativity is a must
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify and measure risks.
- Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate with to ensure a timely resolution
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 7+ years of experience working directly with security or engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects affecting many functions, including product, engineering, finance, compliance, and support. Ability to direct major cross-functional initiatives with effective prioritization and influence
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view, and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this sitea free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here:, , and . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.