Aware Healthcare is a venture-backed mental healthcare startup on a mission to build the Thermometer for the Mind. We're a data-driven network of mental healthcare providers, creating the highest-quality care experience in the world by equipping evidence-based providers with a modern data platform of patient-shared information. We help people get the care they deserve by addressing four of the greatest challenges in mental healthcare: finding a therapist, creating a plan, making progress, and achieving goals. We've raised $1.5mm to date from over a dozen institutional & angel investors, were founded in 2020 by AJ Goldstein (previously early at Calm and Oura), and are based in San Francisco CA, with remote team members across the country.About the Role:
Aware Healthcare is looking for a Medical Director to join our team in San Francisco or remote. We're creating the highest quality mental healthcare experience in the world and are looking for a board-certified psychiatrist to help realize our vision.
This part-time role will be responsible for owning/directing clinical care across Aware's national network of evidence-based behavioral healthcare practitioners, including: licensed therapists, licensed psychologists, nurse care practitioners, and board-certified psychiatrists.
This role will start out with a ~5 hours/week commitment, with opportunities to grow into a more half-time or full-time role over time as the network expands.
You will write and approve…
- Clinical policies, procedures, and protocols
- Performance standards and quality audits
- Hiring and firing guidelines
- Medical records documentation and medical equipment
- Annual operating, capital improvement, and developmental budget
- Be a board-certified psychiatrist
- Have a valid license to practice medicine and supervise others
- Have openness to obtain licensure in additional states (for national practice)
- Have high business acumen and tech-savviness
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong inclination towards data-driven and evidence-based care
The perfect psychiatrist would…
- Be progressive in their approach to behavioral healthcare
- Consider themself a trailblazer who is hungry to set a new standard for care
- Have past experience in the digital healthcare industry
- Mission-driven company with an industry-shaping goal and world-class team.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference on the future of mental health.
- High-growth environment supportive of individual autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- One-of-a-kind company values and team work culture.
At Aware, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Aware is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.