Finance and Operations Director / Senior Manager
Imagine H2O (IH2O), the water innovation accelerator, empowers people to develop and deploy innovation to solve global water challenges. By partnering with industry and policy experts and a global network of customers and investors, Imagine H2O has become a proven path-to-market for emerging water technology businesses. Participants benefit from access to customers and investors as well as mentorship, industry exposure, and market support. Since 2009, Imagine H2O’s accelerator has helped over 150 innovative companies win customers and receive more than $1 in every $10 of early-stage investment in the water sector.
We're looking for the right person to help turbocharge Imagine H2O's operational capacity as we scale our programming. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated professional with exceptional operational and financial skills. The Director will work closely with IH2O’s leadership team to optimize the organization’s operations, financial management, and human resources in concert with external service providers.
We are also seeking a candidate who shares our passion for entrepreneurial water innovation! The right candidate will occasionally work with IH2O staff to host workshops for startups seeking to establish their own operational and financial management systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Optimize our primary functions and workflows through software solutions
- Manage our portfolio of operations and finance software tools
- Manage and update internal operations document management systems
- Manage and update key operations and programming templates
- Assist in further streamlining our startup application and evaluation processes as well as the organization’s stakeholder portal
Finance and Accounting
- Coordinate with IH2O’s external bookkeepers, fractional CFO, tax preparer, and auditor to ensure that the organization optimizes its budget and reports its financials in a timely manner
- Manage vendor payment systems and program-related wire requests
- Work with senior staff and our CFO to track our budget and create financial forecasts
- Assist in reporting financial updates to our board of directors
- Provide financial and compliance review for Imagine H2O Asia, our Singapore-based entity and accelerator, ensuring that local accounting, grant management, and auditing is executed in a timely manner
- Identify software, products, and services that further streamline our financial management and accounting systems.
- Prepare external-facing financial reports for our donors and partners
- Manage IH2O’s professional employer organization (PEO), ensuring that all payroll, benefits, and HR functions are executed seamlessly
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process, including drafting new hire contracts
- Advance the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate, through training and experience, strong administrative and management skills, the ability to multitask and wear many hats within the organization, and a willingness to accept and take on new challenges. Candidates must have a college degree, previous experience in a similar role at a nonprofit organization or social enterprise, and should demonstrate an interest in water innovation along with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with a lean team. A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience is required.
Qualified applicants must be self-directed, well organized, and focused yet flexible when faced with constantly changing priorities. The ideal candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Imagine H2O is headquartered in downtown San Francisco but with team members in Northern California, Southern California, Montana, Colorado, and Singapore. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to. We ask that you title your resume as “Name_Resume_IH2O-OpsDirector”. Indicate in your email where you heard about the job announcement. Also, please include your LinkedIn profile and while you’re at it!
This position is available immediately.