Finance and Administration Manager
Job title: Finance and Administration Manager
Date: May 2021
Location: US (remote) with global scope
Reports to: Global Co-CEOs
Review period: This role will be reviewed by the TBB Global Board within 1 year of commencement to determine whether the position description should be altered.
About Talent Beyond Boundaries
Talent Beyond Boundaries (TBB) envisions a world where forcibly displaced people can use their skills and talents to move to secure futures. We work with governments, employers and partners to overcome the barriers that often prevent refugees from accessing skilled migration pathways. TBB seeks to be a catalyst for systems change in skilled migration, laying the groundwork for this solution to scale to serve millions of displaced people.
TBB is a group of affiliated not-for-profit and charitable organizations. It has registrations in the United States, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and Jordan as well as operations in Lebanon.
Scope of role
This role is responsible for overseeing the effective administration, compliance and financial health of TBB’s global organization. This role is global in scope but based in the United States, where TBB is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization. This role will liaise with the Co-CEOs, relevant country directors, and country boards as necessary to ensure effective execution of responsibilities.
Financial Management and Compliance
- In collaboration with country boards, ensure TBB’s compliance with national regulations and financial best practices in its multiple countries of operation. This includes relevant registrations, tax reporting, insurance, etc.
- Prepare and manage annual and project budgets in consultation with the Co-CEOs as well as cash flow projections.
- Provide necessary financial reporting for management as well as for specific projects in compliance with grant requirements.
- Develop and put into practice procedures for coordinating global finances and accounting across entities.
- Identify, contract and serve as the focal point with external entities such as bookkeeping companies/accountants, payroll providers, banks, auditors and tax authorities.
- Develop, improve and document global administrative procedures.
- Handle global procurement and contracts as necessary.
- Maintain effective global filing and internal communication systems.
Volunteers, interns and support staff to be recruited as required, in line with budget parameters
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE
- Proven track record effectively managing finances, administration and operations for non-profit and charitable organizations.
- Exceptional understanding of requirements related to compliance for non-profit organizations in the United States and interest in global best practice
- Experience effectively managing earmarked grant funds
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively in order to deliver best outcomes.
- Strong digital literacy and willingness to use/learn to use a range of online collaborative tools (Xero, Expensify, Gusto, Salesforce, Slack, Google Suite, Trello, etc)
- A willingness to learn and adapt to a dynamic work environment, tolerance of rapid change and ambiguity.
- Successful completion of relevant Bachelors’ or Masters’ level qualifications (e.g. management, finance or public administration.)
- Lived refugee experience.