Customer Support Manager
Zearn is a nonprofit on a mission to support all children learning and loving math. To achieve our mission, we built Zearn Math, a groundbreaking curriculum and classroom model that supports differentiation and engagement for all students. Zearn Math is used by millions of educators and students across the country – and growing.
What you’ll do:
As a Customer Support Manager you will deliver exceptional customer service and account fulfillment to help teachers, coaches, school, principals, and district administrators adopt and use Zearn Math. You will be responsible for driving high quality customer support through policies, procedures, and the setting/managing of goals. You will be up-to-date on best-in-class support practices and train the team accordingly. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, are an effective communicator, enjoy leading a team, and are excited about working on all aspects of customer experience and business operations, then we’d love to meet you. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in a fast-growing and widely loved organization - that is dedicated to ensuring all children love learning math. Specifically, you will:
- Lead roster fulfillment to ensure all district and school customers are setup for success
- Work directly with customers to gather customer requirements, advise on account setup, and set user permissions
- Work with Sales and Finance teams to gather key customer information, order information, and account-specific context
- Provision accounts within internal systems and setup district and school accounts that include critical data received from Sales and Finance teams
- Analyze data provided by customers for completeness and accuracy and communicate with customers on status of their account provisioning
- Collaborate with Marketing team to author collateral and documentation to help customers navigate the fulfillment process
- Work with Legal team to terminate account access and delete data as needed
- Provide ongoing support to over 250,000 educators
- Develop deep expertise in the Zearn Approach to Teaching and Learning, and apply that expertise to support customers with using our curriculum, classroom model and professional development
- Work with our partnerships and development teams to outline troubleshooting checklists and identify when items need to be escalated
- Act as the voice of Zearn in customer conversations across email interactions and Zearn’s online community, authoring guidance that is clear, compelling, and helps educators use Zearn Math.
- Use data to inform proactive guidance provided to customers, finding a way in every interaction to provide extra support and help based on a customer’s specific situation
- Work with Engineering counterparts to identify, replicate and report product bugs, issues, and outages
- Manage a team of high-performing support analysts and associates
- Set team and individual goals for KPIs like CSAT, First-Reply time, Full Resolution time, and One-touch tickets
- Train new team members in customer support best practices and all aspects of ticket management within Zendesk
- Act as the first level of escalation for team members when they encounter product bugs or other customer issues
- Continuously improve the customer support function and share analytics and insights with the leadership team
- Formulate and revise customer support policies and procedures as well as promote their implementation.
- Leverage support operations metrics to identify and project future staffing needs
- Work with internal team members to bring deeper analytics into the support function to facilitate high quality responses (E.g., what data about a customer is important for a support agent to know - how can we provide that information without requiring them to visit multiple different systems)
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of customer support, education, or operations experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Deep knowledge of Zendesk a plus
- Excellent written communication, organization skills, and attention to detail
- A true passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences
- Commitment to Zearn’s mission of ensuring that all students learn and love math
- Desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To apply, please send a resume and a bit about yourself to. This role can be based remotely. Zearn is an equal opportunity employer.