Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
Volunteers are central to The Trevor Project’s ability to fulfill our mission. The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator is the first point of contact for prospective volunteers and plays an important role articulating the organization’s mission and the ins and outs of each volunteer position. In this high-volume recruitment role, the Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator will be involved in application review, interviews, communicating with applicants, selection and processing of a rapidly growing number of volunteers to support our life-saving services.
Who you are
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You operate with focus and efficiency. You maintain composure and remain positive under pressure.
- Person-centered. You are a dependable team player and enjoy working collaboratively towards a common goal. You love working with people and know how to excite them about our life saving work. You understand that people are the core of who we are and place a premium on customer experience.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven. You pay close attention to the small details of each project and task you are working on, and take steps to make sure your work is thorough and complete.. Your actions and decisions are informed by data, and you are comfortable reviewing data to meet the needs of each recruitment cycle.
- Clear communicator. You can communicate clearly, concisely and in a way that ensures a positive experience for the hundreds of volunteers we engage with each month. You are comfortable engaging with new people via email, over the phone and through the occasional video call.
- Flexible. You are able to shift gears and reprioritize tasks as our team works to meet the needs of our Crisis Services teams. You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Enjoys Routine. You like work that is structured and cyclical. You don’t mind repetition and can stay focused even when tasks are routine.
- Highly organized. You know how to juggle multiple priorities, and are comfortable working with databases and other online platforms to keep your work on track.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world
- Fun. You are overflowing with positive energy and you make people around you feel happy just by you being you. The work we do is serious but we know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Execute all stages of high volume volunteer recruitment, including application review, coordinating and conducting interviews, processing background checks, and communicating with applicants along their recruitment journey
- Respond to volunteer applicant inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain applicant information within Trevor’s volunteer database
- Serve as initial point of contact for prospective volunteers
- Clearly articulate to external audiences Trevor’s mission, the work that we do, and the opportunities for amazing people to volunteer with Team Trevor
- Support in carrying out strategies to build a diverse and highly qualified volunteer pipeline such that the needs of Trevor’s Volunteer Training and Crisis Services teams are met
- Partner with the Corporate Development team as needed to support employee engagement programs at some of Trevor’s corporate partners
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including Summer Fridays
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend and reimbursement to outfit your work from home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter here. Applications without cover letters will not be considered - use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator at Trevor specifically!