Partnerships and Communications Manager
Do great work that matters.
Simprints’ mission is to transform the way the world fights poverty. We build technology to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development, making sure that every vaccine, every dollar, every public good reaches the people who need them most. We provide accurate, affordable, and secure identification tools to help NGOs, businesses, and governments deliver essential services to their most vulnerable populations. Backed by the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, the Gates Foundation, USAID, FCDO, Gavi, and more, we partner with organisations such as the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health, BRAC, Terra Firma, Dimagi, and D-Tree to achieve our mission. Having reached over 1.2 million beneficiaries, we are contracted to double that number in the coming two years through our projects in Asia and sub-saharan Africa
Simprints is growing rapidly. We have proven that our technology can support partners in increasing the impact of their projects. With a new company strategy emphasising a clear market-led focus and expectations of growing our revenue year on year, we’re looking to take the next step and become a major player in the tech4dev space. If you think you could be the right person to be part of a world-leading partnerships team, we want to hear from you.
Your role would focus on communicating Simprints’ work, and sharing our technology, projects and impact with current and potential partners. From one day to the next you might be putting together a proposal for a new partnership with an NGO in Nigeria, gathering performance data from internal teams to report back to a funder, planning our social media content for World NTDs Day, or delivering a presentation to introduce a new partner to Simprints.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Identifying and scoping new opportunities for Simprints, such as grant funding, prizes, or new impact partners.
- Creating persuasive and compelling written content for proposals, reports, pitches and social media.
- Conducting calls and meetings (pandemic pending…) with potential impact partners to identify their pain points and challenges, and explore how Simprints can add value to their work
- Working within, and actively contributing to, an awesome team of Partnerships Managers who are committed to building the most effective business development team in the tech4dev sector
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
What skills and experience are ”must-haves” for this role?
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience adapting messaging for different audiences and formats
- Experience communicating technical or specialised content to non-technical audiences
- The ability to work both independently and within a team setting, alongside a willingness to put team results above your own
- Genuine persistence and resilience, allowing you to overcome setbacks, extract key learnings, and turn them into opportunities for growth
Bonus points that would help you in this role
- Business development or partnerships experience
- Fundraising experience within the development or charity sectors
- Knowledge of global development, and global health in particular
- Experience in “positioning” activities, including thought leadership work or participating in PR campaigns
5 Reasons to join Simprints
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints, we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with potential to make lasting change.
- Social impact. Simprints’ objective is to transform the way the world fights poverty by building technology that can help partners truly verify their impact. We can only do this in collaboration with incredible partners across the globe. Work with us in developing these partnerships, and be a part of a team that is impacting millions of the most vulnerable individuals in the world.
- Incredible, diverse team. Ask any “Simprintster” what their favourite thing about working at Simprints is, and the answer is consistently “the people.” Our work is at the intersection of technology and global development, and we’ve managed to build an amazing team drawn from 20 different nationalities with experience from the best technology companies, iNGOs, UN agencies, and universities around the world.
- Flexible hours. More efficient late at night? Better before the sun rises? That’s fine by us. As a company with a global team, we care more about getting the job done rather than keeping track of everyone’s 9-5.
- Unlimited paid time off. We set high standards and goals, but give people the freedom to choose when and how to recharge. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
- Professional development and wellbeing. We promote continual learning with self-directed learning objectives, external mentors, and regular one-on-one feedback. We also put our money where our mouth is with a dedicated ‘Learning & Wellness’ budget, managed by our Talent and Operations team.
Simprints is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. The salary range for this role will be £27.5k - £38k dependent on experience. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
What to do next?
Traditional recruitment processes are open to a lot of subconscious bias: your name, where you studied, previous employers, and a host of other factors can lead to your candidacy being treated differently by others. We’ve built a recruitment system that seeks to minimise that bias as much as possible.
- Submit your application at www.simprints.com/careers. You’ll receive a response and a link to an initial assessment. Not everyone is great at face-to-face interviews; we want to make sure that you have the best chance to show yourself off in the best light.
- Submit the initial assessment. Once we’ve received your completed assessment, they will be blinded and given to a panel of reviewers to be scored independently.
- Technical assessment. Top-scoring applicants will then be invited to a more detailed technical assessment that reflects the nature of the role.
- Video chat. The finalists from the technical assessment round will then be invited to a chat! This chat is just an opportunity to understand your motivations for joining Simprints, assess a bit of cultural add, and provide you with a chance to ask any questions you have about the role and the company.
- Digital experience half-day. The final step of our recruitment process also includes a virtual “experience half-day.” While these are normally held in person at our office in Cambridge, we’re currently holding these virtually because of the pandemic. The experience day is intended to ensure that Simprints is a good fit for you just as much as you are a good fit for us. You’ll have a chance to meet some of the team and demonstrate your skills in a few more technical exercises that simulate what it’s like to work as a Partnerships Manager at Simprints.