Contract Senior Project Manager - Childrens Books
We’re looking for an experienced, detail oriented producer/project manager to join our story studio team for a fixed term contract to deliver a special project in collaboration with our engineering team to update one of our most popular books.
In this role you’ll be coordinating between stakeholders in art direction and engineering and responsible for managing the time and delivery of a small team of art workers and artists. Day to day you’ll be coordinating across two simultaneous production schedules with 1-2 creatives working on each project.
You don’t need to be an art director as you’ll be working within quite specific guidelines, but you do need to be confident in providing feedback to creatives and acting autonomously in the best interest of the project.
You don't need to be a technical person as you'll be working with engineers and product managers, but you do need to be confident working within software development environments and have an understanding of how digital products are built and shipped
Ideally you have experience working within children’s media or publishing working on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
We anticipate the project will take around 15 weeks and we would like to start work in May if possible. We’re currently planning this as a four day a week contract working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday although we can be flexible. We will pay a competitive day rate based on experience.
This project is likely going to be delivered 100% remote in UK office hours so you’ll need your own computer and homeworking setup with a good internet connection.
- Great communication and project management skills - we use a range of tools to manage our projects and it will be up to you to put together the right stack for your project
- Comfortable with remote working - you’ll need to be able to deliver this work without meeting face to face using asynchronous communication and video calls
- Experience producing complex projects - this project will run across many different teams and touchpoints so you’ll need to be comfortable with complexity and working with technical folks
- Experience working with visual artists and designers - you’ll mainly be managing artists and artworkers in this role and need to be happy providing feedback to them
- Experience working with software engineers or digital product development teams - you'll need to coordinate with engineers to ship your work and you need to be happy intergrating your project with their approaches to delivery
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a short cover letter containing quick case studies of at least two projects that you have produced. In the case studies please outline the scope of the project in terms of time, budgets and people involved and provide some notes on the techniques you used to deliver the project effectively.
Please also include a note on your approximate availability to start work for a 15 week period and a desired day rate.
Wonderbly is a unique, award winning startup that designs, sells, prints and ships super high quality personalised books for children. Our books are designed to instil a sense of boundless self-belief in the children that read them. In the past five years we’ve sold over five million books and we want to sell hundreds of millions more so we can influence the lives of the next generation to be more curious, kind and courageous than any that has come before.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Our team are committed to providing equal opportunities for employment regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, disability, family structure, socio-economic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis (it's the law, but it's also just the right thing to do).