Information Security Manager
At Monzo we’re aiming to build the. We are always keen to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish that goal. We want our bank to be safe and secure for our customers, so security is very important to us.
Security at Monzo
We are looking for a proactive, technically-minded and organised Information Security Manager to join our growing Information Security team in the bank’s 1st line of defence which is responsible for directly assessing, controlling and managing our security risk. The team is part of Monzo’s Security group which is responsible for keeping the bank and its customer data secure.
One of the guiding principles of security at Monzo is that security at the expense of user experience is a last resort. We aim to move mountains in the background so that we can build world-class features without compromising on security.
You'll be involved in a variety of work, all aimed at keeping our customer data secure and should expect to:
- Manage the end-to-end audit cycle, including answering requests and working with auditors to deliver internal cyber audits and PCI DSS assessments;
- Ensure that identified gaps from audit reports and assessments are delivered and embedded (as required) in change and continuous improvement processes;
- Work with stakeholders across the business to ensure that sufficient controls are in place to mitigate known security risks;
- Draft security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures;
- Work with the other Security squad and across Monzo to embed good security practice;
- Provide Information Security advice to a variety of stakeholders across Monzo;
- Own and manage Information Security projects and initiatives;
- Work with Risk and Compliance to deliver management information for security risk reporting to the Board and as required.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing in Security excites you and you want to make a real difference to the way in which we deliver Information Security at Monzo
- You have solid experience of working in an Information Security team
- You have CompTIA Security+, CISM, CISSP or are working towards one (or more) of these qualifications and are keen to develop your skills and experience further
- You are familiar with standards such as NIST and ISO 27001/02
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- You're technically minded with the ability to think laterally and enjoy providing solutions to problems
- You have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, and are comfortable with regular context-switching;
- You’re comfortable reading and interpreting technical requirements, regulation and procedures
- You love taking the initiative, prioritising and driving things forward, without being told what to do
- You’re comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- You are an excellent communicator and can communicate technical information in a way that others can easily understand
Salary and logistics
- Closing date for applications is Midnight on Sunday 16th May
- This role is at Level 3-4 of our Risk & Compliance framework, with a salary of £60,000 - £100,000 DOE
- This can be based in our new London office or remote working within the UK
- We support flexible working arrangements
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.