IVPN is hiring a Remote Backend DeveloperAt IVPN, we areto help people resist online surveillance. The internet activity of every human being has become a hot commodity in the 21th century. Our data is being churned into an industry that’s worth billions, and it’s being used against us. To capture our attention, our money, and our votes. To predict what we’ll do next, and to influence our behavior.
We are challenging this new status quo by helping people fight back against these systemic changes. We are building a robust tool of resistance, a. We also create , and fighting for the right to privacy.
Now we are looking for the next member ofto join this mission: an experienced software engineer to work on a wide range of projects relating to our backend.**
How we stand out from the crowd of VPN providers
Early adopters of theand technologies to improve our service.
Strictaround data collection and marketing practices - principles over profits.
Clear commitment toand transparency.
bad practices in the VPN industry and shunning .
Recommended bywhose we truly value - those not motivated by affiliate payouts.
What you can expect when working with us?
- Fully remote setting with a high degree of independence.
- Maximum freedom, minimum meetings
- if your ideal workplace offers regular meetups and busy casual chat channels, IVPN is probably not a good fit for you;
- on the other hand, if you value autonomy and focused work, you will appreciate our culture.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days of vacation per year (+1 bonus for each year at the company).
- Hardware of your choice to do your job.
- Develop well designed, secure, testable and efficient code using software development best practices.
- Collaborating with other members of the product development team to achieve project objectives.
- Refactor, optimise, and improve the existing codebase for scale.
- Ensuring the security of our backend infrastructure.
- Knowledge of secure coding best practices
- Strong experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong experience with Go language
- Experience with PHP 7 and the Laravel framework (for migrating our legacy PHP systems to our new Go based backend)
- Experience with devops including Docker and CI/CD
- Fluent in SQL and able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Proficient with Git
- Experience with RabbitMQ a bonus
- Experience working in a remote, globally-distributed, agile team environment
Salary and compensation
$50,000 — $60,000/year
Utc-1 to Utc+3See more jobs at IVPN