Senior Security Engineer, Infrastructure Security
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty brands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
As a Senior Security Engineer on our Infrastructure Security Team, you will collaborate in designing and building solutions that enable mission critical applications to securely scale. In this role, you will contribute to organization-wide initiatives to automate, optimize, and secure infrastructure security. Do you believe in developing processes and solutions that make security the easy choice? Yes? Then you should join us! As a Security Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be a part of an amazing team that’s intensely focused on securing our products, improving our security processes, and building the future of security at PagerDuty.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You revel in the opportunity to build lovable security solutions that make developers and customers happy.
- Partner closely with the PagerDuty Rundeck Team, building secure design programs and integrations with current PagerDuty infrastructure and processes.
- Participate in security programs like identity and access management, Secure SDLC, vulnerability management, incident response, and monitoring and alerting.
- Automate everything! Build and deploy automation to improve efficiency and scalability.
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing security issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You get excited about building, automating, and learning.
- You believe in creating tools and automation that make security the easiest choice.
- You’re interested in and understand vulnerability management, patch management, and security tooling.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others- no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- You enjoy mentoring and learning from your team and peers.
- 4+ years experience in Information Security or related
- Experience in the design and implementation of cloud and on-prem technologies.
- The ability to implement and mature enterprise security solutions (Vulnerability Management, IDS, SIEM, etc.).
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Python, Phoenix/Elixir).
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- Experience detecting and responding to security incidents.
- The desire to develop processes and solutions to make security the easy choice.
- Competitive salaries and company equity- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family- Generous parental leave- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other . ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status. PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.