Boclips is the small but mighty educational technology start-up with a distributed team across US, UK, Poland and Middle East. We are a tech-enabled video delivery platform, making it simple, seamless and safe for our customers and partners to deliver digital content to learners around the world. We find, curate and deliver relevant educational video content, aligned to the global curricula from our content partners such as Ted Talks, Bozeman Science, PBS and lots more.About the Project
This project will be working alongside our own curation team creating digital learning experiences with video for a customer in the higher education market. Here's what you can expect to be doing;
- Curating educational Math and STEM videos from news publishers, independent creators, and production companies into sequenced learning experiences aligned to Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Sourcing new material that can complement and enhance our existing content library.
- Determining a video asset’s best pedagogical use and primary, secondary, and tertiary subject relevancy.
- Identifying opportunities to improve on existing video metadata through curriculum and content alignment.
You are a subject matter expert in STEM-related subjects and have some of the following experience -
Educational publishing, instructional design, standards alignment, curriculum mapping, educational content creation, learning experience design and/or library science. And some time spent in the classroom applying what you have designed!
- You know how to create a learning experience that supports and extends a student’s learning.
- You’ve created instructional content that reaches secondary or higher education audiences.
- You are skilled at utilizing multimedia to enhance a learning experience, especially videos.
- You can adapt to different pedagogical styles and have a thorough understanding of Bloom’s taxonomy, holistic approaches, and/or project-based learning.
- You’re comfortable navigating, or even improving, sets of metadata.
- 6-month project (potential to go beyond 6 months)
- Dates: Now or asap - Fall 2021
- This could be a full-time or part time role.
- Compensation will be a day rate depending on your experience.