Partnership Development Specialist
LOCATION: New York City, NY / Amherst, MA / Flexible/ Remote
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful student work, culture and character, and the mastery of skills and knowledge, EL's offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background.
In addition to success on standardized tests, EL students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world. For more information, visit
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Partnership Development Specialist is a newly created position that works closely with the Director and Associate Director(s), Partnership Development, to generate interest, explain, and promote EL Education’s curriculum products and associated professional development offerings to prospective partners. This role will have a strong focus on recruiting, setting up, and executing on all district-wide curriculum pilots. If you are passionate about matching EL Education’s products and offerings to partner needs, working with customer-focused and entrepreneurial team members and seeing the results of our impact, this position may be an ideal role for you.
Ideal candidates possess an unequivocal conviction that EL’s curriculum, professional learning and core instructional model will help fulfill on our mission and support excellent and equitable student achievement.
Estimated travel: 35-40% on average (examples of travel may include: in-person meetings with potential school/district partners, delivery of professional development, internal team meetings, internal leadership meetings with colleagues, select industry conferences to promote EL Education’s awareness, etc.)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Respond to a variety of curriculum inquiries with an entrepreneurial spirit, sales expertise and professionalism
● Assess and prioritize inquiries within a leveled response system
● Respond to inquiries (calls, emails, and presentation requests) regarding EL Education’s curriculum products in both oral and written communication
● Simultaneously promote EL Education's curriculum, whole-school model, and other forms of partnerships during partnership development calls when applicable
● Collaborate with internal teams and external partners and clients
● Maintain accurate records, documentation, and status updates regarding each inquiry in collaboration with Client Services Associate(s)
Design presentations and materials to celebrate, explain, and promote EL Education's Curriculum and Professional Development Partnerships
● Collaborate with the Curriculum Design Team, Program Design Team, and EL Education coaches to develop and maintain a high level of expertise regarding EL Education’s curriculum and associated professional development at all times.
● In collaboration with the Product Marketing team, craft succinct curriculum marketing collateral, presentations, and communications.
● In collaboration with Partnership Development Team, create a comprehensive suite of materials and presentations (e.g., introductory curriculum presentations, webinars, screencasts) to message EL Education’s curriculum consistently to a variety of high stakes audiences and decision makers.
Facilitate professional development, presentations, and meetings with diverse audiences
● Work with Partnership Development Team to deliver presentations that celebrate, explain and promote EL Education’s curriculum products and partnerships in a clear, consistent, and compelling manner.
● Deliver professional development in a variety of national and regional partnerships to support curriculum implementation.
● Create and deliver professional development sessions to teachers, leaders, and coaches in pilot schools and districts.
● Design and facilitate Strategic Planning meetings with key stakeholders in pilot schools and districts with a focus on converting pilots to district-wide implementation.
An ideal candidate will have demonstrated competencies and experience with:
Relationship Development & Management
● Cultivate trusting relationships with school and district partners across the U.S.
Program/Project Design and Implementation
● Experience successfully managing complex, long-term projects
● Lead pilot projects from concept to implementation by mobilizing multiple stakeholders to execute dynamic strategies, ensuring priorities are met, and implementing contingencies when necessary
● Experience with leading/coordinating implementation of literacy curricula at a schoolwide and/or district level
Communications and Facilitation
● Build differentiated content across variety of communication platforms that engages a wide range of audiences
● Proactively seek disaggregated data and compelling stories that amplify our organizational impact
● Successful track record of facilitating high quality, impactful professional development
● Flexible and willing to change course as needed to support reaching goals for maximum impact
● Ability to embrace change and apply a growth mindset
● Cultivate a culture of evidence-based continuous learning and lead change management efforts
Prioritization & Time Management
● Ability to prioritize and execute strategies/tasks under pressure when needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a wide variety of benefits, including paid-time-off, 403b match, maternity/paternity leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.ELeducation.org in the Careers section. No phone calls please. Thank you.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. EL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or citizenship status, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parental status, HIV status, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran, or physical or mental disability or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor