Temporary Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk (Remote)
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is seeking a temporary part-time (on average 15 hours per week) Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk to perform day to day accounting tasks. This temporary position lasts for approximately four months, starting as early as May 10, 2021, and ending on September 17, 2021. The temporary Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk reports to WRA’s Vice President of Finance and Administration and ensures the continued smooth functioning of our finance operations while WRA’s Accounting Manager is on sabbatical.
This position can be done remotely from anywhere within the United States. Some availability during WRA’s regular office hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mountain Time) is required for communication and collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Record general ledger entries;
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Assist with monthly financial preparation;
- Process weekly accounts payable; and
- Other accounting tasks as assigned.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting Software;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Pivot Tables;
- Proficiency with computers and general office equipment;
- Skill in working with Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
HOURS, WAGES AND BENEFITS
Temporary part-time, non-exempt position, for an average of 15 hours per week for $25.00 per hour. Sick leave available and accrues at 0.046154 hours of sick leave earned for each hour of work. Because this position is temporary, it does not include any other benefits.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.