SEM Policy and Research Associate
About the Healthy Americas Foundation (HAF). The HAF is the policy and research home of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health (Alliance); the nation's foremost science-based source of information and trusted advocate for the health of Hispanics in the US with a mission to achieve the best health for all. We are a network of community-based organizations delivering front-line health and human services to 15 million people each year; making a positive difference in the daily lives of families, communities, and our nation. We believe in and are dedicated to the power of community-based solutions. This is an opportunity to advance equity and know that your work is making a real difference in health and well-being for all.
Position Responsibilities. The Policy and Research Associate is responsible for monitoring key legislative and regulatory policy and producing data briefs for HAF and key programs, including:
· Monitor federal legislative, regulatory and executive branch developments regarding key health issues with a focus on economic well-being including health insurance access, child care and early childhood education, job training and development, food and economic support;
· Identify opportunities to advance HAF's advocacy agenda, including but not limited to developing policy positions, lobbying and developing and submitting public comments;
· regularly meet with HAF program staff and program sites to write, design, track, and produce policy and research content for HAF and key program social media and website presence;
· write policy focused press releases and media communications;
· develop and support partnerships on key issues with policy staff at sister organizations;
· develop regular data briefs highlighting trends on key policy issues, including SEM issues;
· develop reports from the field that capture need for key policies or impacts of policies; and,
· maintain and update advocates website and author action alerts on key issues.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with at least 3 years of experience in policy and advocacy.
· Strong writing and editing skills in English and ability to communicate cross-culturally; fluency in Spanish is a plus.
· Ability to speak in public and represent policy positions in a variety of public settings.
· Background in policy and data analysis; advocacy experience preferred.
· Ability to perform collaborative work, develop relationships, and establish trust.
· Strong background in key social media platforms and use in advocacy campaigns.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of VoterVoice platform is preferred
· Public health and/or health science communications experience a plus.
$60,000 to $75,000 annual salary based on experience. Position is full time. Compensation also includes vacation and sick leave and a generous benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, and life and disability insurance.
The position will be based at the Alliance Headquarters in Washington, DC. Some travel is expected. Will consider basing this position outside of DC using a remote work platform.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration