Sr. Product Education Engineer - Consul & Kubernetes
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become a Consul and Kubernetes expert, and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational best practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Consul is a distributed service mesh that connects, secure, and configures services across any runtime platform and public or private cloud. It is primarily operated in code and on the command line. Consul is one of the most popular infrastructure projects on GitHub and sees over 1 million downloads each month.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about DevOps, microservices, security, teaching, and education—both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create guides for Consul on Kubernetes deployments.
- Write recommendations and best-practice guides for using Consul in production with Kubernetes and other supported integrations.
- Eventually, become a point of reference for Nomad and Kubernetes comparisons.
- Review Learn guides for other Education Engineers.
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff, the open-source community, and partners.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions.
- Identify missing use cases and deployment configurations.
- Explore other teaching tools for educating users on Consul.
- Have a genuine interest in instructional design and teaching others how to learn efficiently.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Experience running command-line applications and developing/deploying services on Kubernetes is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a content development role such as technical training or technical writing. Alternatively, equivalent experience in a customer-facing technical role such as a technical account manager, customer success engineer, or enterprise architect.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process and is required to be successful.
- Experience operating and maintaining Consul in a production environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with any cloud hosting provider (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, or any other)
In your cover letter or resumé, describe how you’ve worked with Kubernetes. Please include a link to a sample of your writing or conference presentation, on any technical topic.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-SY1 #LI-REMOTE