Social Media Coordinator / Community Manager
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Social Media Coordinator / Community Manager to support our marketing launch efforts at Sertify, a pre-Series A funded start-up, founded by a group who has built 5+ VC backed start-ups with over $100mm in funding.
In recent years, online spending, the shifting economy and the pandemic have significantly impacted small shops and family owned businesses, especially diverse ones. We felt the need to do something, so we created Sertify to help small businesses, especially diverse ones, open doors to new customers and gain access to capital that they need. Find us at Sertify.io for consumers and Sertify.io/smallbusiness for small businesses.
We are a diverse group of friends with demonstrated success in product, technology, and start-up experience. All of us have owned or provided services to small businesses, so have a direct understanding of how shopping local contributes to the vibrancy of neighborhoods both large and small.
The ideal candidate possesses two things: 1) the hard skills to effectively target and reach both owners and consumers of small businesses , and 2) the passion to convert those owners and consumers into Sertify advocates.
Bottom line - you are joining a team who simply care and are leveraging our experience to build a community that is all about supporting small businesses, especially diverse ones.
What you’ll do
- Excellent copywriting and editing sensibility
- Work off a Content Calendar and bank of assets with the ability to help maintain content development when needed, experience with Photoshop or Canva a plus
- Content distribution across Facebook, Instagram with potential for LinkedIn and TikTok
- Proactively engage as Sertify's Community Manager with potential New Businesses, similar pages, and fans with like-minded interests to support small businesses
- Build social media presence and community engagement
What you’ll bring
- Relevant experience specializing in social media with competency in platform and content strategy
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their communities as well how to optimize performance across activations
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, and third-party sources
- Experience with social listening and social media management tools (Hootsuite) and proven ability to provide analysis and insights on data
What you’ll get
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
- Gain experience in various marketing and sales techniques
- Rewarding opportunity to support small businesses and the New York City community
To apply, please send resume to
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.