Project Manager - Affordable Housing
Title: Project Manager Affordable Housing Marketing
It is preferred that the successful candidate have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree or an Associates Degree with equivalent work experience with at least three or more years’ experience as a Compliance Specialist or related position with increasing responsibility. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
The Project Manager Affordable Housing Marketing will be responsible for working individually and help the VP and Director of Affordable Housing Marketing oversee the Compliance Specialists and Compliance Assistants. Also, assist the VP and Director with administrative work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee compliance Specialists and Assistants
- Assign applicant files to Compliance Specialists
- Review Compliance Specialists files for Director’s final review
- Assist Compliance Specialists and Assistants with any questions that may arise
- Answering applicant appeals and inquires
- Track, update and manage logs in Excel
- Conduct orientations
- Assist VP Affordable Housing Marketing/Director Affordable Housing Marketing with any necessary work within the marketing department
- Process applicant files, if necessary, including sending and reviewing third party verifications, requesting and reviewing documentation, calculating income according to LIHTC tax credit and NYC guidelines
- Manage homeless referral files and work closely with case workers and City agency staff on moving these files forward
- Other duties may be assigned as required for efficient operations
- Bachelors or Associates Degree with prior experience preferred. Certification in Bookkeeping or Accounting a plus. Minimum High School Diploma or GED with requisite experience required.
- Three years prior experience in Tax Credit Compliance or other related field desired, including project management experience
- Prior experience working with affordable housing a plus
- Must have strong math skills and be efficient and accurate with calculations
- Ability to complete and manage large volumes of forms and paperwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel is essential
- Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
- Tax Credit specialist certificate is a must