Community Support Associate
Idealist supports organizations and individuals who want to make a difference, bringing them together in the shared space of. Here, organizations can post their jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. In turn, individuals can search for these opportunities and find ways to take action. This ecosystem brings together thousands of organizations and millions of people each year.
About the Community Support Team
The Community Support Team provides technical support and training to our community of 120,000+ organizations. The team also approves new organization applications and reviews select organization-generated content. Additionally, they advocate for new features and report issues based on user feedback, and strive to ensure that our community is happy with their experience by offering best-in-class, continuously improving support.
Community Support Associate
We're hiring a Community Support Associate who will support the organizations and individuals that useby providing customer and technical support while managing online content posted by our site’s users.
This position calls for empathy, an understanding of how people use (and how they have trouble using) websites, and a commitment to providing a great experience to users whenever they are in contact with us.
As a Community Support Associate, you'll be responsible for:
- Responding compassionately and effectively to a high daily volume of phone and email inquiries from organizations and individuals who need help using our site
- Reviewing and approving new organizations, including nonprofits, government agencies, and social enterprises
- Ensuring that Idealist is a safe and productive place for users by reviewing posted content to make sure it adheres to our policies
- Maintaining user-facing and internal help pages
- Keeping an eye out for potential bugs, site issues, and user experience improvements
- Providing support for other programs and projects as needed
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience supporting clients or customers in a patient, friendly, and effective manner
- Great written and oral communication skills, with an ability to provide clear and confident instructions about complex processes and systems
- Ability to stay focused and detail-oriented while doing routine tasks
- Comfortable working independently and in a team
Your application will be even stronger if you:
- Have experience in, and an understanding of, the nonprofit sector
- Have experience with Salesforce, Desk, Zendesk, or other helpdesk software
Note: While strong technical expertise is a plus, this is not an IT, hardware support, or engineering position.
This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position (Monday through Friday) with standard business hours. Though remote work is possible, travel to our NYC offices a few times a year may be required.