Engineering Team Leader
Remote is THE global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about).
We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. We value kindness, ownership and team collaboration. You can check out our. to learn more about our culture. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and we love. This means you get to do your own schedule no matter the timezone. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in .
The team you'll be joining: 33 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into product teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
More information about this role in Remote's engineering career path on our public Handbook.
Must have (professional experience):
- Managed an engineering team of at least 2 people for a year
- Over 3 years of experience with Frontend (React, JS, ES6 and Jest) or Backend (Elixir/Phoenix)
- Great communication skills
- Awesome attention to detail
- Proactive attitude
- Manage a small product team of 3-5 engineers (backend and frontend)
- Be involved in hiring processes
- Actively participate in product development. Max 30% of time spent doing management work.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the team.
- Follow the team leader career requirements defined
- Unlimited personal time off - Read our policy
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable
- Training budget
- Good salary and company options
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with your future manager (CTO)
- (async) Take home assignment
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- Interview with CEO
- (async) Offer