Software Engineer - Azure DevOps Platform
Do you want to make software development a delight for the entire world? Join us at GitHub! We are delivering the best end to end software development experiences across GitHub and Azure DevOps.
We’re looking for experienced backend software engineers to join the Azure DevOps platform team. This team is responsible for cross-cutting investments in backend services like authentication and authorization, shared service frameworks, and livesite tools and processes that all our teams and on call engineers rely on. Together, these investments allow us to build and manage cloud services running at tremendous scale with ever-increasing security, reliability, and operational efficiency. You can learn more about Azure DevOps here:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a full stack engineer with a distributed, diverse and a passionate team. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build and maintain customer-facing experiences and deliver them into the hands of tens of millions of developers across the world.
- Write, test, instrument, document, and maintain code primarily in C#, SQL, and PowerShell
- Learn, pair, and participate in code reviews, to grow and contribute to the growth of others in and around your team
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and partner Engineering teams to build new features
- Analyze how your features are performing in production to learn and make the product better
- Support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- Participate in on-call rotations for your team and respond to incidents as necessary
- Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 2 years of working with OOP languages and patterns. Experience with .Net/C# preferred, but experience with other languages is fine.
- Experience designing, building and running large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems preferred
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high quality software
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We are a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- For backend or full-stack, experience with high scale SQL and general database knowledge preferred
- Troubleshooting skills across network, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers preferred
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.