Creative Project Manager
We are the Brand Studio, Calm’s in-house creative agency. As a cross-functional team, we bring creative solutions to life, from concept to execution, in physical and digital forms. We’re small in size but big in ambition. We’re focused on building one of the world’s leading lifestyle brands by sparking deep connections and nurturing lasting relationships with Calm. In order to achieve our goals, we’re looking for experienced, skilled, creative, and diverse candidates to join our team. If you’re passionate about making the world a happier and healthier place, consider joining us as our first Creative Project Manager.
To own the process that allows Calm’s brand creative team to do its best work. And to ensure that the Brand Studio team becomes an even stronger partner to Calm’s Marketing, Content, People and Partnerships teams, among others, as we grow in size and capabilities.
Oversee the process, from start to finish, for Brand Studio projects.
- Develop a project intake process that ensures our team has the information we need to prioritize work, create strong briefs, allocate resources, and kickoff work.
- Develop workback schedules upon kicking off a project and keep workbacks up-to-date as shifts in schedule occur. Work closely with project teams to track work and ensure each team is able to successfully meet benchmarks and deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with stakeholders throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Hold creatives and stakeholders accountable to agreements made in a project’s brief. Ensure a timely and organized handoff of all final deliverables.
- Conduct after action reviews on large cross-functional projects. Analyze learnings and propose improvements to Brand Studio leadership.
Own and manage tools that support the creative process.
- Become an expert in our chosen project management software, such as Asana, and oversee the Brand Studio’s use of it on a daily basis.
- Track Brand Studio resources. Develop a light-weight solution for tracking time. Account for hours spent by the team on projects and report allocation on a quarterly basis.
- Partner with Brand Studio leadership to determine scalable solutions for asset management. Oversee nomenclature and organization of files on our chosen platform.
- Identify opportunities for greater efficiency and propose solutions that help the Brand Studio scale our work.
- Oversee workflows with external vendors.
Negotiate fees and terms with some vendors.
- Partner with our Executive Producer, project leads, and Calm’s Legal team to process contracts and other agreements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review and approve vendor invoices. Partner with Finance to help streamline Calm’s vendor invoicing process and ensure timely payments.
- Develop standard vendor rates in collaboration with Brand Studio leadership and ensure that vendor costs align with the team’s budget.
- Oversee day-to-day project management with partners on retainer to ensure their needs are met and that they’re delivering quality work in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with vendors throughout a project’s lifecycle.
Develop the brand and culture of Calm’s internal creative team.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners across the company.
- Advocate for the needs of the Brand Studio team with cross-functional partners. Identify solutions when partners’ needs and Brand Studio needs are not aligned.
- Partner closely with all members of the Brand Studio team to understand their individual needs. Align resourcing with individuals’ bandwidth and needs as much as possible.
- Oversee company-wide communications by the Brand Studio. Collaborate with creatives to deliver well-crafted presentations, updates, and more on a regular basis.
- Run effective, efficient, and fun weekly status meetings within the Brand Studio.
- Represent the Brand Studio team at cross-functional meetings. Take clear notes, record action items, and actively participate in discussions related to our team’s work.
- Partner with Brand Studio leadership to create events, moments of recognition, and other key cultural moments that strengthen team culture.
- 5+ years working as a project manager on an in-house creative team or at a creative agency.
- Experience successfully managing projects for a diverse group of creatives across design, production, strategy, copywriting, film, and photography.
- Experience successfully managing cross-functional projects with complex stakeholder involvement, and complicated timelines and deliverables.
- Exhibit genuine passion for your work and the brands that you’ve worked for. You’re motivated by a mission.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills. You keep your teammates informed and communicate in a manner that’s empathetic to those who are receiving your messages. You’re reliable. You set deadlines, you meet deadlines, and you ensure those you are working with do as well. You consistently deliver work that exceeds expectations.
- You show respect for those around you.
- You have the highest quality standards and expect the same of those working with you. You possess a strong attention to detail and do not let details slip through the cracks. You believe a thorough process leads to the best outcomes.
- Your organizational skills are second to none. You’re genuinely excited about developing solutions that are simple for a team, that scale, and that will endure.
- Proactive is your middle name. You’re a problem solver who seeks to understand the problem and constraints before tackling a new opportunity. You ask excellent questions.
- Strong team player. You bring humility and collaboration to your work. You listen to and seek to understand those around you. You understand the value of feedback, you seek it out, and you offer it willingly.
- The Project Manager role involves wearing many hats in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. This requires flexibility and the ability to use your time strategically. You must be able to work efficiently, put time where it matters most and understand trade-offs. You should be able to help the team around you prioritize its work as well.
- Software must be one of your greatest allies. You must be an expert at using project management software, such as Asana, and champion its use across the team. You must also be a Google Suite expert, and you should also be familiar with creative software such as Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
A track record of partnering with creatives to create award-winning work for major national and/or international brands is a must. We will want to see a portfolio of this work and understand your role in specific projects.