Designer for Google-backed AI nonprofit
is a fast-growing nonprofit building K-12 and college-level curriculum about AI and the future of work. We focus on making engaging, accessible content that guides students toward meaningful work and economic empowerment – especially those from communities disproportionately impacted by AI and automation. To-date, we have reached more than 20,000 students and have raised $1M in nonrestricted funding from backers including Google.org, Intel, GitHub, Akamai, Lending Club, Macy's, Booz Allen, and Postmates. AIEDU was selected for the FastForward Tech Nonprofit Accelerator (Summer 2020) and was a semifinalist in the Penn-Milken Education Business Plan Competition.
We’re on the lookout for a talented graphic designer who can bring to life our "Introduction to AI" curriculum in a creative, engaging manner. Your projects will need to stay in sync with brand guidelines but you'll have complete creative freedom. You will collaborate with our curriculum designers, product team, and partnerships team on a variety of projects including:
- Creating original graphics and/or illustrations for various pages of our digital curriculum
- Refining or creating new fundraising and partnerships collateral, including one-pagers, pitch decks, and proposals
- Designing new pages of our website
- Generally identifying ways to unify our brand identity and external presentation
- Work with internal partners to design and produce compelling graphics
- Own and manage assigned projects; keep partners informed of developments, deliver on deadlines and check in with mentor in case of bumps
- Implement brand standards and help us find new ways to effectively communicate brand mission and values
- 3+ years of experience working as a graphic designer or in a similar position preferred
- High school diploma mandatory; Bachelor’s in a relevant field is a plus
- Familiarity with popular design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign or CC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Portfolio showcasing 4+ pieces and eye for detail
This is a part-time position (10-20hrs per week) with the possibility of a conversion to full time in 6 months, based on budget and performance.
The AI Education Project is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that building and empowering a diverse team is a strategic imperative in our work, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.