Project Manager, Gender & Safeguarding (f/m/d)
streetfootballworld is a leader in the field of Football for Good and has set the objective of maximising the potential of football for social transformation. In collaboration with our partners, we tackle the greatest social challenges in the world today – from providing access to health and well-being to improving gender equity to addressing youth employability concerns. The United Nations defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals. streetfootballworld and the +140 organisations in our network are working towards these goals and every year, over two million young people take part in our programmes.
To help us unleash the unique potential of football for good and level the playing field, both on and off the football pitch, we are looking for a
Project Manager, Gender & Safeguarding (f/m/d)
to join our team in Berlin as of June/July 2021
● You are responsible for all aspects of project management for projects implemented together with football for good community organisations around the world. This includes project design, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and reporting.
● You will have a particular focus on strengthening gender equity and safeguarding in football for good in partnership with expert working groups from our partner organisations.
● You build and maintain partnerships with football for good organisations to ensure relevance, quality, and impact of the projects being implemented.
● You coordinate closely with your line manager to ensure that set strategies on the topic are implemented timely, monitored, and reported on regularly.
● You collaborate with the internal subject matter experts (SMEs) and our partnerships team to maintain and develop partnerships with the corporate, government, and football sectors to ensure the sustainability of streetfootballworld projects, including the submission of funding proposals as well as financial and narrative reporting.
● You manage contracts and procurements, including the negotiation of contracts, and the compilation of all necessary documentation for the selection and monitoring of subcontractors and service providers.
● You help us to further improve our M&E and quality management processes on the topics of gender and safeguarding in sport for development.
● You have a degree in gender studies, international development, law, safeguarding and child protection, project management, or another relevant field.
● You have at least two years professional experience in project management (ideally related to the field of sports for development and/or gender); experience in contract management and/or procurement is an asset.
● You have the necessary clarity, passion, and flexibility to manage multiple complex, multi-stakeholder projects simultaneously.
● You have experience with collecting, reporting and communicating impact data and have a solid knowledge on qualitative and quantitative research methods.
● You are familiar with creating databases, spreadsheets, presentations and the use of project management tools and apps.
● You have experience with conceptualising and facilitating workshops and trainings.
● You are fluent in English. Additional languages such as Spanish are a plus.
● You are willing and able to travel (when possible) and are eligible to work in Germany.
● You are a team player, a self-initiator, passionate communicator, and know how to initiate and moderate collaborative processes.
● You actively listen, are open to others’ ideas and backgrounds, care for your teammates and value integrity.
● You enjoy working on new solutions and improving existing ones.
● You love to get things done and fully identify with our philosophy “it takes a team to win a game”.
● Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues/peers, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
● Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave, and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
● Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great incentives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
● Make a full-time position based in Berlin your own with an initial 12-month contract at fair conditions with the possibility of extension into a long-term position.
● Last but not least, join a squad where 100% of your teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
Do you want to play an active part in social change on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
How to apply
Kick things off by submitting your application documents (a letter of motivation and your CV) including your salary expectation and your earliest possible start date viaby May 16th, 2021. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we will not consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority background are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.