Customer Success Engineer - Cloud Security (West Coast - Remote)
Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
At Sysdig we believe our values make us who we are and inspire and guide us every day. They drive our culture, our strategy, and our vision. Our three values are: Love our Customers, Trust the Team and Dig Deeper. We are creating the best in class customer experience in Cloud, Kubernetes, and Container security. You can see our Sysdig Vision
We are looking for a Customer Success Engineer to join our team to ensure that our customers maximize their investments and ROI in their cloud-native architectures utilizing Sysdig technology in securing and managing their containers and microservices at scale while solving their most complex operational and cloud security challenges. This is an opportunity to grow a rapidly expanding team and company, at the forefront of cloud security & monitoring, assisting many of the world’s leading enterprises to maximize their investment in cloud technologies.
We are looking for coaches who can guide our customers on the right path.
We are looking to you to lead our customers on their journey, in both technology and mindset.
- Be the technical authority on the Sysdig Platform and become the customer’s trusted advisor
- Help with customer onboarding and training, thus driving adoption.
- Understand the customer’s requirements, challenges, and what business outcomes and value they are expecting from their purchase. Design and deliver the customer-specific use cases to align with those goals via a hands-on, consultative approach.
- Ensure customers are realizing the value and maximizing their return on investment by rapidly driving sustained adoption. Being the leader for ongoing engagement and expansion with Sysdig’s platform to achieve business and technology objectives across container security, cloud security, and full-stack observability.
- Proactively identify blockers for our customers and collaborate with peers to remove them.
- Act as an advocate on behalf of your customers to influence our roadmap.
- Integrate Sysdig with the customer’s Secure DevOps processes and pipelines.
- Develop and track key success criteria with joint scorecards to ensure mutual success.
- Work on debugging and resolving technical issues specific to the Sysdig agent within various cloud environments like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes.
The Experience You Bring:
- Extensive experience in customer success, sales engineering, consulting, or similar roles, within the security, observability, and/or cloud computing domains [SaaS, IaaS].
- Working knowledge with Containers [Docker, CRIO], Kubernetes, Rancher, OpenShift, and CI/CD concepts
- Familiarity with Cyber Security frameworks and their applications in the Secure DevOps Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Security and Governance frameworks such as SOC2, PCI, Nist
- Working knowledge of CSMP, CWPP concepts
- Familiarity with AWS services such as AWS CloudTrail, AWS Fargate, AWS Security Hub, or similar/competing technologies
- Demonstrable results working as a trusted adviser to drive business value for customers
- Ability to work well with individuals at various levels of seniority and technical depth, and communicating technical details to a non-technical audience
- Handling customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and driving successful resolutions
- Experience with Linux platform and containers. The ability to identify and resolve issues associated with storage, networking, compute, and memory and other key metrics need for alerting and reporting across the K8s ecosystem
- Experience with Prometheus and PromQL a plus
- Incident response or security investigation experience a plus
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework a plus
- Strong project management skills
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools ( ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
- A strong collaborative team that helps mentor and uplift everyone
- Be at the forefront of cloud and cloud-native security, troubleshooting & observability
- Support to grow professionally and technically
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Encouragement to specialize with technical accreditations