Senior Vulnerability Engineer
The Senior Vulnerability Engineer is responsible for the identification, tracking, reporting, and remediation of vulnerabilities and configuration deviations. While the role has responsibilities across all Tanium managed environments and devices, candidates will focus primarily on cloud environments including those meeting FedRAMP requirements. Candidates will collaborate with architects, engineers, threat analysts, and compliance teams to drive continuous improvements of Tanium’s Vulnerability Management Program. This may include enhancements to existing or the development and integration of new tools and processes. Candidates are expected to question the status quo to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and are enabled to take action to ensure the effectiveness of a distributed security program operating within DevOps centric workflows.
What you'll do:
- Drive a comprehensive vulnerability management strategy applied consistently across the organization
- Collaborate with engineers to drive automated workflows
- Translate business and compliance requirements into scalable operational processes and procedures
- Interpret technical findings into actionable steps while applying a risk centric methodology for prioritization
- Collaborate with Governance, Risk, and Compliance teams to support internal and external audits
- Leverage threat intelligence information to investigate and identify potential security related flaws
- Develop comprehensive reports and metrics for key business stakeholders and leaders
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on the prioritization and remediation of identified issues
- Assess, leverage, and incorporate relevant vulnerability and intelligence feeds into processes
- Leverage automation and tools to reduce human interaction and drive process consistency and repeatability
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years working in vulnerability management or equivalent role
- 5+ years of Program Management experience or stakeholder interaction experience
- In accordance with Department of Defense requirements, applicants for this role must be a U.S. citizen, national, or resident pursuant to 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Experience with server, workstation, and containerization platforms
- Working knowledge of on premise and AWS hosted architecture (GCP, Azure, OCI are nice to have)
- Deep understanding of common vulnerability and configuration scanning utilities (e.g., Tanium, Qualys, Nessus, Prisma, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Splunk and SQL for searching, reporting, and dash-boarding
- Familiarity with Compliance Frameworks (FedRamp, NIST 800:52 or NIST 800:171)
- Familiarity with Python
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into easily digestible and actionable tasks
- Detail oriented with ability to balance multiple project streams
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.