Customer Support Engineer
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, John Deere, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Role
As a Customer Support Engineer also known as (Machine Learning Support Engineer), you’ll act as the frontline of customer love, utilizing live chat and internal resources to resolve product issues and provide proactive guidance to customers. You’ll be the first member of the Support Team in EMEA, so we’ll rely on you to deepen relationships and product usage for customers in the region; and, as the first member of this team, you’ll be poised to help build out the team locally as we grow!
Your day to day
- Create great experiences for our customers when they need help. Build trust and advisory relationships with customers to help them better use the product.
- Learn Labelbox's product at a deep level and help customers do the same. Learn what’s happening next with the product, and help customers prepare for the use of new features.
- Go beyond the question being asked; understand how our customers define their own success with the product and help them work toward that success.
- Proactively propose creative solutions to address customers’ business problems and goals.
- Be a voice for our customers during internal discussions and projects at Labelbox. Represent their needs and struggles to help drive our products in a strong direction.
- Monitor and identify trends in customer experiences. Work within the team and with other teams at Labelbox give customers the information and tools they need to more effectively and efficiently support themselves in the use of the product.
- 2+ years experience on a Support team; team-lead experience or management aspiration is a plus
- BA/BS in in a technical field; Computer Science/Engineering degree is a plus
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- An ability to navigate and advise on efforts related to complex customer requests or projects, gathering additional human resources for assistance if needed
- Empathy, patience, phenomenal people skills; and enthusiasm for leading a growing team in the future
- An ability to learn quickly to understand and articulate new technologies and corresponding value propositions
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask in order to effectively prioritize and manage workflow
- A creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease
- Experience with common support software like Intercom, Github, Jira, etc