Marketing Designer, Sr.
Aspen Group, Inc is an education technology holding company that leverages its infrastructure and expertise to allow its two universities, Aspen University and United States University, to deliver on the vision of making college affordable again.
Aspen Group is looking for an experienced Sr. Marketing Designer to join our Marketing Team.
The Sr. Marketing Designer will become a key member of the team, assisting Lead Generation and Product Marketing to project a unified design and level up our communications to potential students across a wide variety of channels. These stretch from email and social to landing pages and interactive walkthroughs. At its core, this team member ensures our efforts are clearly communicated, easily followed, and beneficial to our students.
Join the marketing team as a key player to our endeavors across the board, working directly with marketing and product managers on the same team.
- Leverage your experience of marketing technologies, user interface design, and web design standards to generate powerful designs and layouts addressing the marketing team's objectives on a variety of platforms.
- Bring the visual side of storytelling to the table, ensuring that our messaging goes beyond just words.
- Assist our copywriter and social manager to amplify their messaging.
- Take part in deliberative discovery and prototyping of new mechanisms and improve on existing ones with an eye towards a best-in-class experience for our students wherever they are in their lifecycle with Aspen.
- Advocate for design decisions and tactics that speak towards the needs and problems our students are facing.
- Take the lead driving the conceptual and prototyping process for needs across the team be they brand new or re-imaginings of existing interfaces.
- Lead the effort to gather mood boards, comps, concept sketches, and user research into presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards that will help drive decisions across the Aspen organization.
- Be a day to day team player in a growing and active team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starting individuals with a strong work ethic, an eye for the imaginative/creative, and a strong interest in collaborative work
- Can self-manage their own time and be responsible for keeping their team and manager in the loop.
- Solid working knowledge and curiosity about marketing/visual technologies and their impact on design solutions.
- A command of standard design and prototyping applications (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, Invision); with particular experience around designing for marketing emails, websites, and social messaging.
- Familiarity and awareness of delivery methodologies and working with agile teams.
- Comfort with a deadline-driven environment as well as ongoing iterative design and development.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, lead or play a key role in group creative/brainstorming sessions, and propose new creative solutions.
- Solid interpersonal skills and a team-oriented approach to their work
- An attention to detail and an eye towards organization and version control of created materials.
- Assist with (and in some cases, lead) the definition and creation of flexible and coherent design systems and component libraries.
- An eagerness to contribute and help define the story of Aspen for our students, alumni, and those who have not yet joined up!
- A familiarity and comfort with team work spaces and organizational tools such as Confluence, Jira, Trello, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Will you now or in the future require a work Visa?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Marketing Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process