Great products are hidden under a large amount of junk. At Picker empower the better products, brands and shoppers. Picker is a marketplace where Pickers share their favorite products and users buy them!
Buy better not more
We're a small, diverse team located in Barcelona, Spain working with many different tools to bring the social commerce experience of Picker to our native Android, iOS and Web App. We practice trunk-based development, use CI/CD, write tests, use source control and use project management tools to manage our Agile workflows. We're not Agile puritans - Agile is 'being Agile' not religiously subscribing to a laid out process! That's why we have set dev tasks but understand the need for impromptu tasks/meetings, reworks and spikes. Our cloud-based stack is:
* AWS powered using Lambdas
- API is GraphQL with Apollo Server
- Databases are: MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- We use queueing systems like SQS and RabbitMQ * Git/Github for source control + PRs/wikis/readmes
You're a motivated Software Developer. You're motivated by a desire to code and learn. Our opportunity is getting to work on a greenfield API and bring big innovation in how we query and mutate on GraphQL as well as cache and make our system performant and friendly to our DBs.
We're looking for people who:
- know NodeJS really really well. ???
- have professional experience working with GraphQL or a strong desire to learn about it. ?
- have professional experience working with cloud based services (preferably on AWS) - e.g. Cloud Functions (Lambda), Serverless Deployments (either Serverless framework or Cloudformation). ☁️
It would be nice if you:
- have experience working in solving scaling issues, setting up monitoring for cloud services and having alarms in for code/services you're deploying. This is maybe more SRE/Devops related but in small startups we all take a bit of the responsibility for the uptime + quality of services running. ?
- have an interesting story to tell: We're a diverse company, we employ people of all ages, genders and walks of life because that's what Picker is all about: everyone brings their own background, hobbies and expertise to the table. That's how you find brand new things that you previously knew nothing about! ?
- are a contributor to a known library! We love seeing peoples' githubs! ??
- have understandings of things like data pipelines, etl and have data mining experience. ⛏
What we offer:
- Work from a cool office in Poblenou, Barcelona. If you're not near us, we'll see to it that you fly out once a year to meet the team and work together with us. We have the best coffee in Barcelona, guaranteed. ☕️
- Early finish Fridays: we knock off an celebrate wins of the week at around 3pm each Friday. So if you're with us in the office or Zooming in from Ukraine, Turkey or Argentina make sure you have your beer ready. ?
- Flexible working hours: overlapping on main meetings is important, but you get to choose when you work. ??
Salary or Compensation
$50,000 — $80,000/year
? WorldwideSee more jobs at Picker