Engineering Manager - Devops
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, John Deere, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), and Kleiner Perkins.
The position is based in North America.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a team of DevOps / Operations / Site Reliability Engineers responsible for supporting the Labelbox cloud and on-premises offerings
- Organize, plan, and action on an infrastructure roadmap including areas such as cloud infrastructure, on-premises infrastructure, and developer productivity
- Collaborating with other Engineering Managers on cross-cutting team initiatives
- Working with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other RDBMS
- Working with open source technologies such as Redis, Elasticsearch, and RabbitMQ
- Helping individuals with career growth and development
- 6+ years of DevOps / Operations / Site Reliability Engineering experience
- 3+ years of technical management experience
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing data at scale
- Experience building and managing data pipelines
- Experience with CI/CD
- Someone willing to roll up their sleeves to get hands dirty if / when needed
- Experience with automation tools and technologies such as shell scripting, Terraform, Helm, etc
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and automating services in on-premises environments
- Coding skills in languages such as Java or Golang
- Experience with SOC 2, FedRAMP, HIPAA, and other compliance-related programs
- Experience managing multiple Kubernetes clusters / clusters spanning multiple cloud providers
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure management in GCP
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.