Software Development Project Manager Consultancy
As a Software Development Project Manager Consultant, you will manage all LMH's software development projects and technical developments for open source health software. The consultant will work alongside software vendors, LMH Managers, and designers to define scope, write technical specifications, execute contracts, and configure and customize LMH health technologies. The consultant will manage vendor and programmatic timelines and budget, and coordinate the functional and unit testing on all developed code to ensure developments meet defined requirements.
- Commitment: 12 months at 40 hours a week.
- Start date: June 1st, negotiable.
- Location: Remote with preference for candidates located in Malawi, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, and on the Eastern seaboard of the United States (ideally New York City and Boston). Please note that our US offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 crisis, therefore consultants located in the US will work remotely for the foreseeable future.
- Remuneration: Estimated fees upon completion are expected to total $90,000. Consultant will be paid on a monthly basis or according to a mutually agreed upon timeline.
What You'll Do
- Work with country teams to understand modifications needed to different digital health software. Work with open source developers (such as Digital Campus and Ona) to prioritize different features, and complete routine modifications to core software kits. Organize development sprints, tickets, and discussion within Jira.
- Work closely with in country teams and contracted software developers to agree upon requirements, negotiate costs, and develop work plans for software development projects.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Digital Health Director of Strategy on vendor contracts and software requirements, specifically identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Support the Digital Health Director of Strategy to set the vision for LMH’s digital health work. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining and updating LMH's software development roadmap, providing inputs into the Global Digital Health strategy, and attending technical external meetings, conferences and networks.
- Modify and/or set global digital health operating procedures (ie. Quality assurance, requirements gathering, feedback collection, beta testing, etc.); support Digital Health teams to standardize align their software development practices.
- Work closely with in-country teams to gather technical requirements and contractor management of smaller development projects (ie. a small website, one off app-modification, or plugin).
Consultant will be paid on a monthly basis at a rate of $7,500 for a total of $90,000 (12 months).
What You'll Bring
- You have 5-10 years of experience project managing software development projects
- You have familiarity with Android Studio and SDK tools, relational databases (Postgres and MySQL), Github, and have spent time working with open source technology.
- Ability to assess technical requirements for application improvements and manage developers to complete required improvements following specified deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise in technical content writing
You'll Impress Us If
- You’ve implemented digital health products in low resource settings
- You have excellent technical understanding of key areas of various industries and the technologies transforming them (digital strategy, transformation, IT infrastructure & architecture, cloud, analytics, cyber security, etc.)
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.